Sign in to follow this  
hugo_nz

Coming back into the BMW fold

On 5/4/2022 at 1:39 PM, Driftit said:

Its just such a huge step away from what we all thought was BMW. Slap a Hyundai badge on it and it would never have been discussed here. 

"The German Corolla has morphed in to a German Mustang MachE?" 

I don't think it's such a big deal  that FWD active tourer thingy was less of an issue and that was a genuine POS. Mediocre, and unreliable. In comparison to nice and unreliable 

40 minutes ago, dirtydoogle said:

"The German Corolla has morphed in to a German Mustang MachE?" 

I don't think it's such a big deal  that FWD active tourer thingy was less of an issue and that was a genuine POS. Mediocre, and unreliable. In comparison to nice and unreliable 

If these new BMWs are reliable I'm calling that unfair on the classic BMW owners like us. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Driftit said:

If these new BMWs are reliable I'm calling that unfair on the classic BMW owners like us. 

They won't be, don't panic 😉

• Haha 1

She’s almost here. 1 week to port arrival, and then on to dealership handover on the 30th!

Attached: attachment.php?attachmentid=2886358&stc=
  • Like 2

Not wanting to piss on your chips @hugo_nz but the level of enthusiasm for this amongst current BMW owners seems pretty low (not just in an 'I can't afford this' way)...am sure the tech is impressive but the want factor isn't there for me. still it's better than the new XM abomination I guess.

Edited by balancerider
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hugo_nz said:

She’s almost here. 1 week to port arrival

Will you go down to the port and see if you can spot her being driven off the RoRo? Might be a long day mind you. 😁

59 minutes ago, C-130 Hercules said:

driven off the RoRo?

Now there's an interesting point. Does every car on board have a trickle charger attached? Is there any battery maintenance during the trip? Has this had to change for electric vehicles? I imagine the gazillion shaft horsepower engines in these ships would be able to produce some spare electricity.

14 minutes ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

Now there's an interesting point. Does every car on board have a trickle charger attached? Is there any battery maintenance during the trip? Has this had to change for electric vehicles? I imagine the gazillion shaft horsepower engines in these ships would be able to produce some spare electricity.

Transport mode. All cars have a way of shutting down everything except the bare essentials to enable the vehicle to start and run. 

• Like 3

On 5/18/2022 at 6:09 PM, balancerider said:

Not wanting to piss on your chips @hugo_nz but the level of enthusiasm for this amongst current BMW owners seems pretty low (not just in an 'I can't afford this' way)...am sure the tech is impressive but the want factor isn't there for me.

That may be the case for yourself, and a few others on Bimmersport. However, in terms of the BMW buying public then it’s a very different story, order bank is out into next year and growing. Most of the orders I have seen are trading a fairly new BMW so they are BMW owners as well.

The “BMW owner” group in NZ is vast and wide, Bimmersport, Simply BMW NZ, E30 club, BMWCC all cater for various sub-sets but there are still lots out there that are outside of these communities.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

That may be the case for yourself, and a few others on Bimmersport. However, in terms of the BMW buying public then it’s a very different story, order bank is out into next year and growing. Most of the orders I have seen are trading a fairly new BMW so they are BMW owners as well.

The “BMW owner” group in NZ is vast and wide, Bimmersport, Simply BMW NZ, E30 club, BMWCC all cater for various sub-sets but there are still lots out there that are outside of these communities.

Should have added here on bimmersport...if it means they can make M3 Touring / M4CSL then I am happy. I love the i3 so far from an anti-electric luddite.

Edited by balancerider
  • Like 1

Despite the "lack of enthusiasm" I figured I'd share the big reveal moment from my handover today :D

• Like 5