Sign in to follow this  
Nzrooney

In need of expert opinion

22 hours ago, NZ BMW said:

I think at a hair over 110km the implication that I’m somehow passing the can is questionable. If you like putting money into depreciating cars as a labour of love because you are keeping them long term, that’s a choice you can make. To spend thousands on a car that you’re not going to see the money back out of or be noticed by the new owner, I can’t come up with a good reason why someone would do that. 

The way I look at it is this: I’ve picked this car up at 3-years or there abouts, it’s now 6ish years. It’ll be about 8 by the time I move it on. You really think the 3rd owner is likely to maintain it that well, an 8yo 3 Series which will have about 140km on the clock? They’ll probably struggle to get it serviced or put good tyres on it - I’ll see if BMW recommend I change anything - given all the work done on the front end I’m sure they would have said something by now if they were concerned. 

I can't help you with your denial!

I mean, if you are re-mapping a 320d to get more power you may have bought the wrong car for your needs, there are plenty of faster options, even in diesel, that don't require sacrificing reliability or emissions controls.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Olaf said:

I can't help you with your denial!

Whatever…