Sign in to follow this  
HalfJobHarry

M3 upgrade arms for 135i - Source

A couple of US suppliers (FCP Euro) etc are out of the complete M3 arms for upgrading 135i. Would anybody by (some slim chance) know of a local source or alternative source? 

They're TRW arms, you should be able to search for the part numbers. I know they're on amazon US. Might be sourced off pelican parts. 

I got mine off Amazon on a freight free to NZ deal. Jacinda missed the GST as well. Happy days. 

• Thanks 1

here is a Turner motorsport quote for you just as a heads up on cost (US$)

as far as I can tell FCP Euro has them "on back order"

image.thumb.png.fa8c5e5bfcead160e28a89b51073495b.png

• Like 1

Got mine from FCP, along with engine and E28 trans mounts, which are same as E series M3.

Night and day difference in steering feel and handling.

46 minutes ago, smiddy said:

Got mine from FCP, along with engine and E28 trans mounts, which are same as E series M3.

Night and day difference in steering feel and handling.

Have you done the rear also or just front ? 

I've become quite an FCP fan over the last year, great service and delivery times from them, so sad they don't have the arms. 

I have my subframe off at the moment and am hitting everything that needs hitting. Hadn't even though/considered swapping the trans mounts... 

My motor mounts are standard and are still pretty solid so no need to change them. 

1 hour ago, gofaster said:

here is a Turner motorsport quote for you just as a heads up on cost (US$)

as far as I can tell FCP Euro has them "on back order"

image.thumb.png.fa8c5e5bfcead160e28a89b51073495b.png

Cheers, have you used them? Do they ship Fedex/DHL types or something else? 

2 hours ago, Herbmiester said:

I got mine off Amazon on a freight free to NZ deal. Jacinda missed the GST as well. Happy days. 

Thanks, TRW or anonymous? Was that Amazon.com, and if so could you kindly point me to the seller :D

3 hours ago, HalfJobHarry said:

Thanks, TRW or anonymous? Was that Amazon.com, and if so could you kindly point me to the seller :D

Sorry it was 4 years ago, just saying that amazon might be an option.

3 hours ago, HalfJobHarry said:

Cheers, have you used them? Do they ship Fedex/DHL types or something else? 

No, I bought mine from FCP Euro who used Fedex at the time (12 months ago)

Turners just popped up with stock when I did an internet search yesterday.

If those FCP prices above are US$ then that's a ripoff, don't pay that.

The TRW parts you need are:

JTC1423 and JTC1424 are the front tension struts - these are the same dimensions E8x/M but the M (and TRW) versions have stronger bushings. You can keep your existing arms and poly-bush them for the same effect as "upgrading" to the M3 (TRW) versions.

JTC1426 and JTC1427 are the front control arms and are longer in M (TRW) format than base E8x, increasing camber. These can be found for less than NZ$100 each on Amazon on a reasonably frequent basis.

When I sourced all 4 front arms for my E87 they were each available for (average) ~NZ$75 on Amazon, shipping was ~NZ$30, <NZ$350 all up.

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

If those FCP prices above are US$ then that's a ripoff, don't pay that.

The TRW parts you need are:

JTC1423 and JTC1424 are the front tension struts - these are the same dimensions E8x/M but the M (and TRW) versions have stronger bushings. You can keep your existing arms and poly-bush them for the same effect as "upgrading" to the M3 (TRW) versions.

JTC1426 and JTC1427 are the front control arms and are longer in M (TRW) format than base E8x, increasing camber. These can be found for less than NZ$100 each on Amazon on a reasonably frequent basis.

When I sourced all 4 front arms for my E87 they were each available for (average) ~NZ$75 on Amazon, shipping was ~NZ$30, <NZ$350 all up.

Thank you very much! What's involved in changing out the bushings? I'm a simple engine person and all I ever hear is it's aggro pressing out bushes and what not. Although it would work perfectly if I can do i (get it done) as the tension struts are off the car right now. 

16 hours ago, HalfJobHarry said:

Thank you very much! What's involved in changing out the bushings? I'm a simple engine person and all I ever hear is it's aggro pressing out bushes and what not. Although it would work perfectly if I can do i (get it done) as the tension struts are off the car right now.

No problem. You can press, cut or burn your existing ones out, you will need to press new ones in, some shops may be willing to help you with just that job. I suggest you cross check the cost of poly bushes verses M3 bushes verses new TRW arms with bushes included, counterintuitively you may find the whole assembly is the least expensive option.

Would be in the vicinity of NZ$550 to your door for front end TRW M3, 5 piece upgrade package.

5 hours ago, M3AN said:

No problem. You can press, cut or burn your existing ones out, you will need to press new ones in, some shops may be willing to help you with just that job. I suggest you cross check the cost of poly bushes verses M3 bushes verses new TRW arms with bushes included, counterintuitively you may find the whole assembly is the least expensive option.

It's looking to be cheaper for the package as you thought it may be, such is the mass production consumer world we live in. :D 

3 hours ago, smiddy said:

Would be in the vicinity of NZ$550 to your door for front end TRW M3, 5 piece upgrade package.

I'm going to go for that from Turner I reckon. Pity they are not shipping until mid Jan though. Looks like she might be off the road until the end of the month. I suppose this is why I have a fun car I don't rely on day to day! 

FCP Euro are now quoting stock again, pricing US$ and shipping (to ChCh) as below

image.thumb.png.f8644dd37c544b5e28720febc7e1ecd9.png

On 1/7/2022 at 8:17 AM, gofaster said:

FCP Euro are now quoting stock again, pricing US$ and shipping (to ChCh) as below

image.thumb.png.f8644dd37c544b5e28720febc7e1ecd9.png

Cheers. I pressed the button on Turner....not shipping until 12th though....I'm off using FCP Euro until Fedex sort their life out....waiting over a month for many items at this point :(

Turners have now pushed dispatch back to 20th Jan, saying supplier delays, less than impressed as the website implied that these were in stock with them and they simply were not dispatching until 12th due to Christmas delays....

With the speed FedEx are delivering, I could be 'armless' for a month more at this rate....

Edited by HalfJobHarry

I dont know if thats Fedex causing the delays though or NZ customs\covid. I think the latter.