Sign in to follow this  
HalfJobHarry

N54 pan gasket and bolts

Hi all,

I have an N54 pan gasket and bolts order stuck somewhere in the FedEx failure machine with no ETA, I have my pan off and want to start getting my car back together :). 

If anybody has or has a decent source for these parts local to Auckland please let me know. I'm preferring to collect in person as postal/delivery services seem super unreliable at the moment. 

I'm not *quite* ready to go any pay the dealer markup :D

11 hours ago, HalfJobHarry said:

Hi all,

I have an N54 pan gasket and bolts order stuck somewhere in the FedEx failure machine with no ETA, I have my pan off and want to start getting my car back together :). 

If anybody has or has a decent source for these parts local to Auckland please let me know. I'm preferring to collect in person as postal/delivery services seem super unreliable at the moment. 

I'm not *quite* ready to go any pay the dealer markup :D

I have a set but I’m down in Wellington. I will need mine soon ish though. I’d be willing to ship mine up to you if your really stuck and when yours arrive you ship them down to me? 

how long have they been stuck in Auckland? I got my exhaust which I ordered from VRSF and the same thing happened to me (approx 10 days after original delivery date) just before Christmas and all of a sudden they were at my door. I didn’t get an updated eta or anything. 

let me know if your desperate and I can help you out. 😎

13 hours ago, SmackJackTheCrackerMan said:

I have a set but I’m down in Wellington. I will need mine soon ish though. I’d be willing to ship mine up to you if your really stuck and when yours arrive you ship them down to me? 

how long have they been stuck in Auckland? I got my exhaust which I ordered from VRSF and the same thing happened to me (approx 10 days after original delivery date) just before Christmas and all of a sudden they were at my door. I didn’t get an updated eta or anything. 

let me know if your desperate and I can help you out. 😎

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated! I'm not quite that stuck really at this point, just a few things (like some stuff from VRSF are stuck with FedEx) meaning that I'm in the unexpected situation of having the car in bits ready to do the work but none of the parts to do the work :D

Over 2 weeks stuck in Auckland at this point with no ETAs provided. I have parts from VRSF and FCP all shipped by fedex and all stuck. 

Try the likes of bm parts 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackie said:

I buy custom gaskets in a tube. They fit all makes n models.

The N54 oil pan is in no way designed for gasket maker..I wish it were. it's a metal gasket with a crush by the looks of it. I'd be interested to know if anybody ever had success making their own gasket on one though. 

I have gasket and I think I have all the bolts for an auto sump (ordered in error few years ago, have complete new manual bolt kit), just looked it up and they are the same gasket across N52 an N54, even the bolt kit is the same.

If you can replace em, all yours. 

On 1/5/2022 at 3:30 PM, HalfJobHarry said:

The N54 oil pan is in no way designed for gasket maker..I wish it were. it's a metal gasket with a crush by the looks of it. I'd be interested to know if anybody ever had success making their own gasket on one though. 

All it has to do is to seal two metal surfaces.

11 hours ago, Jacko said:

I have gasket and I think I have all the bolts for an auto sump (ordered in error few years ago, have complete new manual bolt kit), just looked it up and they are the same gasket across N52 an N54, even the bolt kit is the same.

If you can replace em, all yours. 

Thanks for the offer, I should have updated that I'm all sorted now! Will have a spare set of bolts and gasket if/when Fedex deliver my order :D

• Like 1