Sign in to follow this  
Brianr70

Is this worth the asking price?

Had it been manual, yes.. auto prob not..maybe 12kish max

• Like 1

Considering it was on FB marketplace at the end of Nov for $9,700 asking, no.

Sorry, mid October with 71kms.

Edited by Palazzo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Auto, non-M Sport, funky colour is a hard sell at anywhere near that asking.

• Like 2

It's just another dealer trying to tell you it's worth this much.

• Like 3

8k max in my eyes. Saw one this colour just before xmas getting ragged through a roundabout local to me. There was also one that I saw often at the station. Could all be the same car as where it is now isn't that far from me. It's a tidy commuter car if so, but not 16k tidy.

It was down Parenata/Papakowhai way with the original owner. I didn’t think it was bad at &9k given the ks, but $16.5 non negotiable?

Looks like a very low kms individual spec car but you would be lucky to get $10k if someone happened to like that colour.

I wonder what the colour looks like in person. Its ok in a couple of those photos, but in others it looks like dog shite.

I like the colour :) but if manual and if Motorsport then interested.  I have never seen an E46 in that colour, think it came out about the time of the first E87s.  Sonoma or something like that?

I quite liked the colour, low ks appealed.

D869B80B-974C-49E2-970F-167DC3355A01.jpeg

08C88A08-0087-4519-A282-24225F985574.jpeg

• Like 1

Considering @Sammo was selling his for only 1.5k more, which was a manual and in better condition (and personally, better colour too) than this, definitely not worth it. All those “watch lists and e-mails” don’t mean jack until someone actually pulls the trigger.

• Like 3

Low k's but maybe high hours, either way it's still 15 years old and probably on all original parts.  

Edited by Eagle
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ghost Chip said:

Considering @Sammo was selling his for only 1.5k more, which was a manual and in better condition (and personally, better colour too) than this, definitely not worth it. All those “watch lists and e-mails” don’t mean jack until someone actually pulls the trigger.

He preventative matienanced the shizzle out of his and it looked amazing. This will likely have nothing touched and the colour looks like bmw couldn't decide between silver or gold so got drunk and sprayed both.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Missing splitter thingie and lop sided exhaust are triggering. But yes, another day dreamer.

On 1/6/2022 at 11:53 AM, Eagle said:

Low k's but maybe high hours, either way it's still 15 years old and probably on all original parts.  

Correct

A lot of servicing would have not been done yet. 

Only benefit of low kms is potentially less wear and tear as its been used less. 

Seals, hoses, gaskets still need replacing though 15 years is a while! 

5 hours ago, Vass said:

I dunno, at least that is M-Sport, and the later M-Sport at that. Makes it so much better looking, inside and out, to me.

CA9C98DF-7A96-402D-8E5C-415E23CDD1B0.jpegColour is a bit boring being silver but it’s not as love it / hate it as the other one.

There are quite a few aftermarket additions on this one that I would have to take out and go back to factory, or better integrated after market.

And, yeah, still not worth anywhere near that asking price.

• Like 2

I'm liking that silver E46 muffler / exhaust look ... anybody able to ID ? Just dreaming of the day I actually need one for me project :D I really like the green brown grey gold metallic of the first one also.

Edited by Cement

2 hours ago, Cement said:

I'm liking that silver E46 muffler / exhaust look ... anybody able to ID ? Just dreaming of the day I actually need one for me project :D I really like the green brown grey gold metallic of the first one also.

Looks very similar to my old Supersprint?

330ciFeb21-4.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 10:06 AM, Vass said:

That looks like it has sat outside for a very very long time.  The back seats are all saggy.

On 1/5/2022 at 8:47 AM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Auto, non-M Sport, funky colour is a hard sell at anywhere near that asking.

Exactly!