Sign in to follow this  
LAndre

E82 125i BMW Edition

Anyone know much about this model? Quite hard to find specific info. 
2013 125i BMW Edition

Cheers in advance 

58EF301D-9385-4152-AE17-59496421FB61.jpeg

Not sure if “BMW edition” is a thing. It probably isn’t.

What information did you want to know? Post up the vin/number plate if you don’t mind sharing.

it is a late facelift model 1 series E82 coupe, with a 3L straight 6 non turbo engine.

Quite rare in NZ, could be a AUS stat write off import maybe. 

Yeah I didn’t think it was a thing either. But some reason it says , above side skirt interior (see photo below). Quite confusing when I was trying to read up on the vehicle when I purchased it. Was a stat write off from Aus. A little bit unsure as to what parts to use considering the scarcity of info on this particular model. I’d assume I could use the same as usual e82 parts etc. 

981AAD4A-2753-448B-AEE4-DAFD621257EB.jpeg

I seem to recall when i looked into one ages ago, the 125i is detuned/nerfed 130i, and a few external engine parts are different between the two, like the inlet manifold. You can swap those parts out, remap it and make more power.

When buying parts i'd use your VIN in RealOEM to make sure you get the correct parts.

• Like 1

I've had the 'full sauce' N52B30 (in a 130i manual) and it isn't really that fast (or worth modding up to imho). You'd be better off selling yours and getting a 135i. There was a manual N55 one sold recently for 17k. That's a better proposal in my mind.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blackie said:

I've had the 'full sauce' N52B30 (in a 130i manual) and it isn't really that fast (or worth modding up to imho). You'd be better off selling yours and getting a 135i. There was a manual N55 one sold recently for 17k. That's a better proposal in my mind.

I suppose it's a matter of purpose and perspective, for example my 130i is well fast enough, and far too fast for most drivers in NZ based on observed skill. Nobody really needs even a 300 horsepower car unless they're heading to the track and I don't see the OP mentioning track usage.

A tune to 130 spec will provide a meaningful (and manageable) improvement, beyond that is totally unnecessary for a daily.

I had a 400+hp Evo IV and a (nearly) stock 6.5, the latter was the better drive (by quite some margin) on essentially the same chassis. Horsepower is not king.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

Horsepower is not king.

Agreed, my stage 2+ E91 was stupid to drive. Yes, it passed anything, anywhere, anytime, but it was very much at the risk of my licence/jail. Around town it was far too much power to use. It was pointless.

• Like 3

N52B30 no good for dyno sheet penis size bragging, but point one at old taupo road and you'll be smiling at the end.

As above, Ive had some stupid fast cars, they're pointless on NZ roads. Sub 6s 0-100 and good noises accompanying it are more than ample. Lots of info out there are about winding up the E82 125s, from memory they're actually less nerfed than the US 128s and its all in the DME flash. Check out babybimmer, there are a few on the 130 owners faceballs site too.

Edited by Jacko
  • Like 3

On 1/8/2022 at 8:04 PM, M3AN said:

I suppose it's a matter of purpose and perspective, for example my 130i is well fast enough, and far too fast for most drivers in NZ based on observed skill. Nobody really needs even a 300 horsepower car unless they're heading to the track and I don't see the OP mentioning track usage.

A tune to 130 spec will provide a meaningful (and manageable) improvement, beyond that is totally unnecessary for a daily.

I had a 400+hp Evo IV and a (nearly) stock 6.5, the latter was the better drive (by quite some margin) on essentially the same chassis. Horsepower is not king.

Not sure I can agree with this, if a 135i is too fast for most NZ drivers then we should all be driving 1.3 Corollas. 135is are quite manageable and the big boost in mid range torque makes them easier to drive in some respects. Driver control is the key whether is 400hp or 200hp. When the 130i thread popped up on here I was intrigued  so I went and drove a few as I really like the looks and thought it was time to replace the 335i. I was then and still am a wee bit underwhelmed by them especially in direct comparison to a 135i which I also drove. I drive a lot of twisty country roads to get to where I live and there was no difference in handling between the 130 and 135i but torque out of tight corners made the 135i auto both quicker and easier to drive than the 130i which you had to get up it to make it fun. I guess like others here I had a lot of high HP cars so my Stage 1+ 335i never felt anything other than nice. BTW I have had one speeding ticket in the last 15 or so years for going 56 in a 50k zone, I was driving a Toyota Highlander.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbmiester said:

...130i which you had to get up it to make it fun

Kinda the point with BMW N\A 6's and one of the reason why ive never owned a turbo version. You actually can use the full rev range without getting too illegal.

• Like 3

I still think if he wants to go faster it makes more sense to sell up than modify a detuned N52B30. The cost and wait to find the parts alone would be prohibitive.

51 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I still think if he wants to go faster it makes more sense to sell up than modify a detuned N52B30. The cost and wait to find the parts alone would be prohibitive.

Its just a DME flash to make 125i = 130i outputs, its only software nerfed unlike the US 128i which has single stage DISA etc.

4 hours ago, Jacko said:

Its just a DME flash to make 125i = 130i outputs, its only software nerfed unlike the US 128i which has single stage DISA etc.

Oh, I thought it got the restrictive manifold. My bad

I may have missed the bit where the owner even wants to go faster.... 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, KwS said:

I may have missed the bit where the owner even wants to go faster.... 🤣🤣

Is the owner even still here?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/8/2022 at 9:16 PM, KwS said:

Agreed, my stage 2+ E91 was stupid to drive. Yes, it passed anything, anywhere, anytime, but it was very much at the risk of my licence/jail. Around town it was far too much power to use. It was pointless.

And there I am thinking, is 600hp enough, just ordered a bigger intercooler.  yes i'm a mad man

3 hours ago, charles28 said:

And there I am thinking, is 600hp enough, just ordered a bigger intercooler.  yes i'm a mad man

At least you drag yours, mine was just for driving like a dickhead 🤣