Sign in to follow this  
MD13

M5 - don't see these very often...

http://arrowtoys.co.nz/view/302/bmw-m5-e34 

Cool car. I remember seeing this for sale in ~2017.

What's interesting is when I ran the VIN in a decoder it came back as Diamant-Schwarz so I wonder if it was resprayed Mauritius Blau. 

Edited by Kees

I'm not a fan of the awful different colour body kit and the adjustable suspension.  If that is the factory body kit, then it's awful because it's the wrong colour, strange.

When I ran the vin the production date came back as 1988.  Strange?  Also, we're these really made in GB?

VIN WBSHD910X02899702
Code / Type E34 / HD91
Vehicle History Get a car report instantly!
Chassis Sedan (4 Doors)
Market Europe (left Steering)
Engine S38 (3.60 l / 232 kW)
Drivetrain Rear-Wheel Drive
Transmission manual
Color Diamant-schwarz (181)
Upholstery (0322)
Manufacturer M GmbH / Oxford, Great Britain
Mileage Show mileage of this vehicle
Production Date 1988-10-22

Heard a rumour that this has been re-shelled which might explain things - '93 M5 should have the 3.8 engine too. bimmer.work has been giving some rather odd results lately for VIN checks too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topnotchrally said:

I'm not a fan of the awful different colour body kit and the adjustable suspension.  If that is the factory body kit, then it's awful because it's the wrong colour, strange.

Two tone is a factory style (even if this car has been painted), and i think it looks quite smart.

1994_BMW_M51.jpg

2 hours ago, balancerider said:

'93 M5 should have the 3.8 engine too. 

not if it is a USA spec LHD car, which it could be. 

Shame it's had so many non original changes. Even headlights have something going on?

Interior appears to have about 4 different trim colours, kind of concerning as things like that suggest it's been 'bitsed' together to make one car.

Certainly potential but for the money a prospective buyer would need to thoroughly inspect it before hand. 

Yeah, not enough boot space for me, "needs" to be a touring!! ;)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Michael. said:

Shame it's had so many non original changes. Even headlights have something going on?

Interior appears to have about 4 different trim colours, kind of concerning as things like that suggest it's been 'bitsed' together to make one car.

Certainly potential but for the money a prospective buyer would need to thoroughly inspect it before hand. 

i think seats etc from my 3.8 wreck i had a few years ago 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, KwS said:

Two tone is a factory style (even if this car has been painted), and i think it looks quite smart.

1994_BMW_M51.jpg

Interesting to know that was a factory detail. I'm still not a fan but at least it is OEM.

The fact that he’s put “questions won’t be answered on this forum” make it look even more suspect to me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Being a US model I find it odd that its speedo is in KPH.  So it's mileage could be anything if it was swapped in Japan before being complied here.

Decoding E34 chassis numbers does not work too well BTW.

When looking at that E34 it strikes me that design hasn't really progressed that far in 30 years but materials and electronics is wildly different.  If I wanted an  E34 for 55 grand I would build my own, possibly in the spirit of an Alpina B5.

My late night musings while waiting for BBQ.

LHD and questionable past really put me off. Prefer my 540is even though its not as fast or potentially desirable. 

16 hours ago, GorGasm said:

When looking at that E34 it strikes me that design hasn't really progressed that far in 30 years but materials and electronics is wildly different.  If I wanted an  E34 for 55 grand I would build my own, possibly in the spirit of an Alpina B5.

My late night musings while waiting for BBQ.

B10 Turbo is what you want. But just a little more than 55k.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 2:36 PM, balancerider said:

Alberta car = certain to be rusty

I can't resist. 

Right.... a 32 year old car with 111k kms on it.... I'm sure it's been driving in the winter..... NOT!  Also, it's very, very cold in Alberta, so cold they don't use salt on the roads, just sand, so even if it was driven it hasn't been exposed to salt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ICYMI seller has lowered his expectation to nearly realistic levels...$40k... I think it was $55 before.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/m5/listing/3423355981

Edited by topnotchrally

Starting bid of $40k, not buy now price. Reserve is higher than the 40k start. Just looks lower, might not be.

• Like 2

Must have sold at $40K thereabouts.

This one is a bit nicer for sure, but $175,000? Like he say's 'Happy to keep it in the garage if it doesn't sell"

Surely thats the kind of price you would see at EAG with 30,000k on the clock.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3471601362?bof=ICAUiYdW

• Like 1
  • Haha 2