Sign in to follow this  
Rush

BMW 520D F10 NBT Region change JAPAN TO AUS/NZ

Hi everyone,

i wanna update my current tokyo maps to NZ maps I already have the package but its not picking up on idrive I believe it’s because the region is different. I did some research on how to change config in VO and Main config but i heard that in F10 you can do software region change but that will give you error codes they quoted me $4000 for new system. Can someone please help me if anyone have done this before or guide me with steps what to do. Thankyou 

hi Rush, 

if you have the e net cable i can do remotely for you and supply the fsc certs. 

Sure i can arrange that. I have sent you a DM to get it started. 

will update once its done :)

22 minutes ago, The Bimmer said:

If you are in Auckland I can help you change the VO 

Yes i am based in Auckland city. It would be great if we can catch up on this when you get time. :)

Edited by Rush

Hey guys, I’m looking to recode my unit (2011 E91 325i) similarly. Have done quite a bit of reading and it seems both the radio region and aerial settings need to be set to Oceania. I’d need a K+CAN cable and some software. 

Does this sound correct?

I watched this vid from BMW Doctor but he rips through the process at lightspeed.

https://youtu.be/0MIoO1MMETQ

Any help or guidance appreciated, and apologies in advance for hijacking’s the thread!

Cam

Edited by Cambo
Update car

I'm keen to do this too. Ive got INPA working to clear codes, just trying to understand how to create a trace file and then to read a man file.....

I ended up taking it to Auto Gravity in Mt Eden. They did the work for $199. Interestingly, recoding the region also removed the ‘no ETC card inserted’ warning that previously dinged every time you’d start the car - nice additional win.