Sign in to follow this  
Braydon

New M135i Owner

Hey all,

Picked up my first BMW, and newest car personally, a 2014 M135i, quite nicely spec'd and a very tidy car overall.

Having been a mostly JDM car owner up until now (Plus a couple of Falcons), it's definitely a change! Loving the build quality and the power delivery, very smooth.

S7ajqA1.jpg?1

Seems to have lots of options, Prof Navi, M Sport Brakes, Adaptive Suspension, ConnectedDrive (Useless in NZ?), 436 Wheels, Comfort Access, Reversing camera + PDC, cruise, Driving assistant?, a million M sport bits, etc. 

So far I've only found a couple of issues. 
It's been flashed to be an AU car, has NZ maps, full english etc. But it appears they failed to code it for the Adaptive Suspension. 
It doesn't show any options in sport or sport+ mode to adjust it, and when I read it with BimmerCode it doesn't show it as an option. 
I've confirmed via the VIN, and physically on the shocks that it has the adaptive suspension.
From my googling of removing it, I need to VO code it back in?

I do have an E-Net cable, but haven't yet installed ESYS and still trying to get my head around all of the acronyms.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Braydon said:

Picked up my first BMW, and newest car personally, a 2014 M135i, quite nicely spec'd and a very tidy car

Welcome! These are lovely motors. I had one as a company car brand new back in 2014 in the UK :D. Drove it like it was stolen :D

BMW ownership is a different world to JDM, they need to be treated like princesses in terms of maintenance but they won't let you down and will reward you forever in return. 

When it comes to altering the VO etc, unless you really want to muck around with the bootleg BMW tools on a laptop, I'd highly highly highly recommend Bimmergeeks Protool (works on an android phone or tablet). There is a not insignificant cost $150 ? but it "just works' for coding, VOs etc and their support is fantastic. 

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
Removed massive pointless quote

So it’s not a 120d like previously claimed! 
I did do a quick carjam to see what it actually was. Welcome to the club! 

21 hours ago, HalfJobHarry said:

Welcome! These are lovely motors. I had one as a company car brand new back in 2014 in the UK :D. Drove it like it was stolen :D

BMW ownership is a different world to JDM, they need to be treated like princesses in terms of maintenance but they won't let you down and will reward you forever in return. 

When it comes to altering the VO etc, unless you really want to muck around with the bootleg BMW tools on a laptop, I'd highly highly highly recommend Bimmergeeks Protool (works on an android phone or tablet). There is a not insignificant cost $150 ? but it "just works' for coding, VOs etc and their support is fantastic. 

Thanks!

Yeah, I've read to be very on top of the servicing, and will try do 6000-7000km changes, from what I read 5w-40 fully synthetic is the way to go, which is the same as I used in my Subaru anyway, so easy.

I got my hands on the cable and software for E-Sys, and tried sorting it but couldn't. I've hit the dealer up who organised the country change stuff, so will see what he comes back with.

5 hours ago, euroriffic said:

So it’s not a 120d like previously claimed! 
I did do a quick carjam to see what it actually was. Welcome to the club! 

Haha, definitely no 120D! Totally not surprised to find you here!

Had a small win today, was able to get the MyBMW App all setup and integrated with home-assistant too, so now have remote locking etc all working from the app. 
Registered an account on the japanese website, and added the VIN there, then logged in through the app and it all worked easily!
Also only just realised it has Spotify integration through the USB plug, although a little hit and miss on it working.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finally gave it a wash last night, much needed after the trip back from Christchurch. Grabbed a few 'decent' photos. 

I think these are factory tinted taillights?

interior.thumb.jpg.91b61ca99f8c63aefdaf2064ee53bf63.jpgbmwrear1.thumb.jpg.31956f4bad92091b21acae768aaf6c61.jpgbmwside.thumb.jpg.d3af3c66cfafac47023acb9ca0b03326.jpgbmwfront.thumb.jpg.4b961d2c0b8c008579fced2b67880a6f.jpg

• Like 7

definitely good purchase. as for the m adaptive suspension, an option you can look at is the bilstein b8 damptronic shocks

they are plug and play and will just outright work with bmw's factory connectors and sensors

• Like 1