Sign in to follow this  
MilesP

JL Audio in NZ and E90 Base Audio Upgrade

I have a 2012 E90, LCI Sedan with the base audio system which wants upgrading. 

I was planning on using a JL Audio amplifier and also a JL Audio FIX 86 which will sort out the audio coming from the base system and get it ready for a bigger system. 

That said, as far as I can tell nobody stocks JL Audio in New Zealand and most retailers in the US don't ship out of the US. 

Does anyone know where I can get JL Audio from inside New Zealand? 

If not, how have others upgraded their base audio systems here in New Zealand. There are lots of threads on other forums but they're all based in the US or UK/Europe etc so the availablility of parts and brands changes the dynamic.  

Have you considered the oem logic 7 amp and speakers? Has the benefit of oem intergration so equaliser control from the idrive etc 

They are semi hard to find but if you can find a set at a local wrecker etc its well worth it. Ive done 2x now that ive paid around $400 for the whole setup and the sound is fantastic.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 4:25 PM, ///MPROVD said:

Have you considered the oem logic 7 amp and speakers? Has the benefit of oem intergration so equaliser control from the idrive etc 

They are semi hard to find but if you can find a set at a local wrecker etc its well worth it. Ive done 2x now that ive paid around $400 for the whole setup and the sound is fantastic.

Jeeze you only paid $400 for the lot? That is tempting! 

I will give some parts yards a call and see what they have.