Sign in to follow this  
hachwy

Servicing

I am looking to buy a x5 3.0 but I am being told to avoid BMW as prices to get any of these cars serviced will be $1000-$2000. Is this true? I know nothing about this sort of thing and need help. Are there any places that are reasonable with pricing? (Preferably in the Wellington region) Also how hard is it to find parts for a car like this? Thanks

Depends if the car needs anything during servicing.  If it does then yes it will cost over $1000.

If it's just a basic service then it should be about 4-500.

Parts are readily available locally or through offshore online stores.

Petrol or diesel? E53/70, F15 or whatever the next one is?

Brakes are pricey from the dealer, but the parts are easy to get and considerably cheaper elsewhere. General servicing shouldn't be outrageous. Check if they do the Value Service Package down there, $340 if 6 years old or more.

Runflats can be expensive too, much more than a service depending on brand.

I buy parts from eBay. problem is that there is some sort of deal between NZ and the US that when you go to buy the parts the purchase doesn't go through. so buy the eBay parts from euro countries.

3 hours ago, First Timer said:

I buy parts from eBay. problem is that there is some sort of deal between NZ and the US that when you go to buy the parts the purchase doesn't go through. so buy the eBay parts from euro countries.

I have bought various BMW parts for my Z4, original BMW or OEM from ECS, Pelican and Turner Motorsport at a cheaper rate than here without any problem. USA BMW dealers will not send anything from the US to NZ as it would break their BMW agreement.

• Like 1