Sign in to follow this  
Bandit

Misleading Advertising, False Representation?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/m3/listing/3494320902?bof=G0LyVyh0

Ā 

To my knowledge the "clean car tax" never got past go. Like this car the scheme never got off the lotĀ šŸ˜

Happy to be corrected.

Ā 

Ok, but in my reading, the tax is on newly imported vehicles.Ā  This car is already here and registeredĀ so I would think the tax will not apply to it's resale. Am I wrong?

Its not really misleading advertising either; they arent specifically saying this car meets the clean car tax criteria, thats a generic blurb on their profile.

But car dealers will do and say almost anything to make a sale. Almost as greasy as estate agents. Almost.

• Like 1

This car is, to me a joke, or perhaps the dealer is. It's been as low as $45k on 'special' and is now $60k.Ā  It's a 'polluted' Evo.Ā  IF it was ALL original it would justify a premium price. This is a collector car, not a track car, for max value it needs to be all original (with Bilsteins, of course).Ā 

1 hour ago, topnotchrally said:

Ok, but in my reading, the tax is on newly imported vehicles.Ā  This car is already here and registeredĀ so I would think the tax will not apply to it's resale. Am I wrong?

Not wrong, payment of the ā€œtaxā€ has to be made before car is first registered. This already has plates on, so no payment to be made.

Very disingenuous of the dealer to word it like that, or quite possible they donā€™t actually understand the new rules as itā€™s been implemented pretty slap dash.

17 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Not wrong, payment of the ā€œtaxā€ has to be made before car is first registered. This already has plates on, so no payment to be made.

Very disingenuous of the dealer to word it like that, or quite possible they donā€™t actually understand the new rules as itā€™s been implemented pretty slap dash.

Sums up the present government perfectly. And the seller of the M3. It has had several birthdays on the market.

Edited by Bandit
sp.

On 3/2/2022 at 4:36 PM, Bandit said:

Sums up the present government perfectly. And the seller of the M3. It has had several birthdays on the market.

As youĀ have observed, this car has been for sale for at least 2 years.Ā  Interestingly, according to carjam, it was only registered in May 2021. But it IS registered so presumably the tax does not apply.

3 hours ago, topnotchrally said:

But it IS registered so presumably the tax does not apply.

No need to presume, read the official info on Ā the NZTA web-site if you donā€™t believe the info posted above. Details haveĀ just been changed again, with less than four weeks to implementation, gee thanks ministers.

Apparently itā€™s not a tax itā€™s a ā€œfeebateā€ according to the legislation. But yeah, most people would call that a tax!

• Like 1

Great.
This should ramp up the dumping ground for half dead Leaf's.
image.png

All itā€™s done is push up the wholesale price of half dead Leafs (Leaves?) at the auctions in Japan. So the consumer gets zero benefit..

And dickheads get to ask if they can buy a $115k BMW EV for $80k so they can get the rebateā€¦Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3