Sign in to follow this  
jon dee

***SOLD*** 2008 E92 335i N54 Msport Coupe

***SOLD...SOLD...SOLD*** 

Change of direction means selling my E92. Just turned 93,000km and running fine... no codes and no problems. So if anyone is looking at getting into a 335i for a fun car, here is one that has a lot of the upgrades already done :)  Asking $13.5k here and when it goes on TM it will be $14.5k. Wheels have some kerbing that I have smoothed out and look presentable. One small dint that I haven't had repaired as it doesn't detract from the overall good impression that this car creates when viewed.

Got nothing to do ? See if you can find the dint :) 

MDP58-01a.JPG

MDP58-02a.JPG

MDP58-04a.JPG

MDP58-03a.JPG

MDP58-05a.JPG

MDP58-06a.JPG

MDP58-07a.JPG

MDP58-04a.JPG

More pics (interior, engine bay etc) available, and happy to discuss details of what has been done and what remains to be done to make this an even better gentleman's fast road car. 

Cheers...

Edited by jon dee
SOLD

Few details of what has been done to this car recently...

~ two new OEM turbos fitted at 82km under mechanical insurance warranty (to fix waste gate rattle)

~ 6 x new coils, 6 x plugs, cam cover gasket, sump gasket fitted at 82km 

~ full set new Zimmermann brake rotors and Hawk HPS pads fitted at 85km

~ full set of Bilstein B3 struts and shocks with all new bushings fitted at 85km

~ upgraded (stepped) all alloy intercooler with C-clips to suit OEM hoses

~ alloy upper charge pipe (retains OEM Bosch by-pass valves) 

~ new cowl filter and new OEM air filter element at 90km 

~ correct size spacesaver spare, BMW specific jack and wheelbrace in the boot 

~ external catchcan mod with can mounted at front of engine for ease of servicing 

~ M3 front lower control arms fitted (M3 upper arms included in spares) 

~ full set Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003 non-runflat tyres fitted at 85km 

~ MHD stage 1+ engine tune installed with OTS map pack and monitor licence 

~ xHP stage 3 transmission tune installed with licence and OTS map pack  

Car is currently sitting at a little over 93km and will increase as it does get used, mostly in the weekends. Serviced annually (due to low usage) with Castrol Edge and a new oil filter. Black leather interior in very good condition. Standard exhaust and OEM catted downpipes (new set of WBO2 sensors in the spares). Standard instrumentation, radio changed to Oceania, Nav system not converted. All electrics seem to be working fine although there are few controls I have never used/don't need. 

Cheers... 

Edited by jon dee

Here ya go... all the interior pics I have just now...

MDP58-16.JPG

MDP58-10.JPG

MDP58-11.JPG

MDP58-12.JPG

MDP58-13.JPG

MDP58-14.JPG

MDP58-15.JPG

Car is located in Karori, Wellington. No problem if you want to arrange for someone to come and take a look.

Cheers...

Edited by jon dee

Nice car John, with sensible high grade bang for buck mods and upgrades.

Good luck with sale.

Thanks smiddy :)  Yeah, the E92 is a nice road car and I decided against any mods that would detract from it being just that. I didn't want it to make more noise or ride any stiffer, as there are better options if you want a race car. I had the VRSF DCI cone filters on it for a while but went back to the OEM filter setup as DCI makes the engine bay look untidy and IMHO offers very little benefit except at the top of the rev range. 

However, carbon buildup on the intake valves is a known problem. and I did install an external catchcan setup to try and capture oil vapour before it reaches the valves. Now ALL the PCV fumes are routed to the catchcan which for convenience I located behind the left headlight. 

catchcan 01s.JPG

Instead of buying an expensive US kit to get a "PCV plug" I bought a cheap replacement PCV valve and cap, and filled the valve with epoxy. The most expensive part of the job was buying the proper oil resistant hose.

PCV 04s.JPG

The whole catchcan install is done without cutting or drilling and is completely reversible if the new owner wants to remove it. Checked the can the other day after about 500km of mixed city and highway driving. There was a thin film of oil over the bottom of the can and about two drops of oil collected. Either the engine has very little blowby or the catchcan doesn't work. It did collect a couple of cc of water in the cold weather, so I think that it is doing a job :) 

Cheers...

Edited by jon dee
More input Stepanie...

Just replaced the oil filter housing gasket, oil cooler thermostat gasket, serpentine belt and bolts with new quality parts from FCPeuro. Oil change with Castrol Edge 5W-30 and new filter. Going in for fresh WOF on 07-08-23 and will have 12 months rego as soon as the WOF is issued. Has two key FOB's and I will be replacing the batteries on these as they seem to be forgetting their programming. 

Car located in Wellington. 

Cheers...

New clean sheet WOF valid until 07-08-24 and rego renewed valid until 16-08-24. Going on TradeMe today. 

Cheers...

***SOLD...SOLD...SOLD*** 

Edited by jon dee
SOLD

Gone to a new home  but will not be forgotten. I learned quite a few new swear words while working on the E92, and I'm sure they will come in handy next time I bust a knuckle working on a car ;):P:D 

Cheers...

• Like 1