Sign in to follow this  
Deffed

Air bag control unit.

Hi all,after an accident can the air bag control unit be reused and is the post face lift component compatible with the earlier e46 all and any info appreciated.

Regards Deffed.

I recall that the E37/8 and E46 Airbag modules can stored up to 3 events.  After that their crash data memory is full and the module needs to be replaced.

Get a scanner with BMW software and look for trouble codes, that will tell you what condition yours is in.

It's already our of the car,the body is stripped I can only see the damage from this accident the rest looks completely factory. Is it possible to take the unit somewhere to be tested?.

Hi Deffed, 

can be reused. if you have internal error or hard locks I can clear them for you. will need to post to me so i can reflash. easy as.  

Thanks for your comments once I get power to it il be in touch. 

no probs. I do them all the time, from Airbag modules flashing, ECU cloning, Key coding, FRM, LCM etc . pretty much anything to do with electronics. work with many shops around NZ who post modules to me.