Sign in to follow this  
Kees

E32 750iL Bargain?

Just saw this pop up for sale. Seems like a pretty good deal for $5.2K. Doesn't look like the tidiest example but seems to have good bones.  

Probably is one of, if not the cheapest running V12 car for sale in NZ, and the engine is encased by a gorgeous E32! 

Prices on E32s is only going up anyway, as are all classic BMWs. 

Heap of car for the money, and a nice spec too, with silver paint and black leather. 

1988998011_ScreenShot2022-03-23at5_52_42PM.thumb.png.ebf3900ff8cf112d0b932ba95810b1e1.png241462658_ScreenShot2022-03-23at5_52_50PM.thumb.png.0459d3655a0e24a95556d35e90b7819a.png183600415_ScreenShot2022-03-23at5_52_59PM.thumb.png.7bbea9cbd8911acc589ad41ab1f58aca.png286035283_ScreenShot2022-03-23at5_53_05PM.thumb.png.330bace2a5fcfd2cc38248f01e0357fe.png

Edited by Kees
  • Like 2

Could get a 33% down payment on an E30 with 33% of the cylinders 😂

Awesome value for someone with some cojones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sold my last one for $3500 in ~2008 with 17X,000 on it, so they haven't gone up much. Not cool\popular enough and V8 is better in most ways. The main issue for me with older these older less common cars are hard to find and\or expensive parts

DSC03018 (Medium).JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eagle said:

Sold my last one for $3500 in ~2008 with 17X,000 on it, so they haven't gone up much. Not cool\popular enough and V8 is better in most ways. The main issue for me with older these older less common cars are hard to find and\or expensive parts

DSC03018 (Medium).JPG

Yeah when you consider inflation they certainly haven't appreciated at all if you sold yours for 3.5K 14 years ago. Bit of a shame in my opinion, I think their time will come soon though. As E28s, E30s, E24s, etc continue to sky rocket, naturally, the prices of once less desired models like e32s/e34s will begin to rise up. Surely a classy V12 7 Series with the classic twin headlights is a 10K car in the next few years... Seems criminal if that doesn't happen.  

• Like 2

Yeah like many cars the market here is small. Im sure the enthusiast grade will slowly increase in value but its a bit hard to know as most are kept and rarely sold.

• Like 1

I remember in the late nineties a supplier to us had his reps and himself in E32s, got them about 5-8 years old. If you where good you’d get a 750 otherwise a 735.

He reckoned that it was worth it, cheaper to buy then a new Corolla at the time, gas was cheap, he’d get a good warranty and be balling it 😎😂

His staff retention wasn’t a problem either 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Breaker said:

I remember in the late nineties a supplier to us had his reps and himself in E32s, got them about 5-8 years old. If you where good you’d get a 750 otherwise a 735.

He reckoned that it was worth it, cheaper to buy then a new Corolla at the time, gas was cheap, he’d get a good warranty and be balling it 😎😂

His staff retention wasn’t a problem either 😉

Pretty cool business model! Wouldn't mind bombing around in a V12 E32 on company fuel! Bet some of his clients thought he had an illicit side hustle thanks to his fleet of E32s 🤣

• Like 1

I feel like the biggest issues with  having a big engine like that in a barge, in NZ, is that unless you do long haul up and down the country often, there is just no where to drive it. Even then, being capped at 100kph in something that would be more at home on the Autobahn just doesnt do it justice. It would be completely wasted around town.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, KwS said:

I feel like the biggest issues with  having a big engine like that in a barge, in NZ, is that unless you do long haul up and down the country often, there is just no where to drive it. Even then, being capped at 100kph in something that would be more at home on the Autobahn just doesnt do it justice. It would be completely wasted around town.

I agree, would make for a phenomenal long distance tourer. Excellent machine for Auckland to Mt. Ruapehu ski trip. Super comfy and smooth, and probably wouldn't be horrific on fuel over a longer trip with all the torque. 

16 hours ago, KwS said:

Yeah like all barges they are really a passenger car rather than a drivers one.   

I bought this... the potential is very real. was actually in quite good condition apart from a few cosmetics.

very quick for how heavy it is. and it does well over 200k on private roads... 

has anyone seen those crazy guys that turbo these? because I'm looking in that direction. (sorry if that hurts the purists) 

I must ask though. what would you do with it if youd bought it

20220429_134243.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree said:

I bought this... the potential is very real. was actually in quite good condition apart from a few cosmetics.

very quick for how heavy it is. and it does well over 200k on private roads... 

has anyone seen those crazy guys that turbo these? because I'm looking in that direction. (sorry if that hurts the purists) 

I must ask though. what would you do with it if youd bought it

20220429_134243.jpg

Welcome to Bimmersport! Good to hear she's gone to an enthusiast. Normally I am a bit of an OCD purist, however I don't hate the idea of the turbo build. So many of the V12 7s have had their hearts ripped out to be used elsewhere. I'm just relieved the car wasn't bought simply for its engine and then the rest left to rot. 

If I had bought it I would try find a set of the BMW dish style wheels that came on those, I think they are Style 3? Always loved how presidential they make the car look. Then maybe some custom headers and a more free flowing exhaust to let that V12 sing! Would be the ultimate sleeper with a godly soundtrack.