Sign in to follow this  
KwS

Sold: 98 E36 318ti

Hello all,

Anyone looking for a sweet reasonably priced runabout?

Motorsport 318ti, half leather, sunroof, tinted windows. 156,000km

Has reg and wof until May

M44B19, automagic, runs and drives well. Tidy inside and out, with some wear and tear (main ones are ding in front corner and headlining starting to flap in back corner). Has the usual M44 lumpy idle when in gear, but its harmless. There is also a rattle in the exhaust at idle, which i think is the bracket to the trans.

Just finishing up some work before sale; new oil filter housing gasket and bushing, new valve cover gasket, new spark plugs, new air filter, new PCV valve, fresh oil and filter. Everything works including AC, heater, and both windows (albeit the passengers window switch needs a new surround to stop it being pushed into console). Still has first aid kit and full tool kit.

I really like this car, but having just bought a 5th car on a whim, this one needs to go, preferably before my neighbors get annoyed im filling the street up.

$2500 ONO

IMG_20211224_075349.jpg

PXL_20220207_054235576-01.jpg

IMG_20211223_193431-01.jpg

IMG_20211223_193503-01.jpg

IMG_20211223_193521.jpg

IMG_20211223_194139.jpg

Edited by KwS
  • Like 2

So nice! I want one... but has to be manual.  GLWS

I had a red one of these (same spec) when I lived in Brissy... sure, no ball of fire but a great value little runabout that loved corners and made me learn to be a better driver - slow car fast and all that! Would definitely recommend one of these to anyone considering.

• Like 1

Someone please make me an offer and save me from the constant barrage of "is this still available" and "would you take $xxx and a pitty pup?". God i hate marketplace.

• Haha 1

I would definitely want this as a spare car if only it was in Auckland..

42 minutes ago, KwS said:

Someone please make me an offer and save me from the constant barrage of "is this still available" and "would you take $xxx and a pitty pup?". God i hate marketplace.

I know your pain! 

If every offer I had accepted came through (instead of ghosting me) I could've sold the car 3-4 times by now. So many time wasters. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KwS said:

If every offer I had accepted came through (instead of ghosting me) I could've sold the car 3-4 times by now. So many time wasters. 

When I was selling my S6 I had people arrange to collect the car multiple times. One of them even offered to pay a deposit and I stupidly trusted he was being genuine and told him we could just sort it the next day all in one go when he came to get the car. Sent him my address and he said he would text me when he was leaving the following day. Never got a text. Never showed up

Then I had people offering less than half of my already fair asking price, with one guy adamant his 2K offer was doing me a favour. Could have taken the near new intake manifold off (which looking at the receipts was 4.7K for the part), and there would be more than 2K just in that part alone. 

Listed the car on trademe and it sold for my asking price within 24 hours. Trademe still came with its own special set of time-wasters but way less severe than Facebook Marketplace. 

Only other place that might be worth a shot is a BMW Facebook group like "Strictly BMW New Zealand". 

• Like 3

Yeah I'm waiting on tardme to have another free sellers day and I'll list it then. I'm loathe to pay their standard listing fees. 

• Like 2

I think its about $40 for the cheapest trademe listing. Not a huge dent when and if you sell for your asking price. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, qube said:

I think its about $40 for the cheapest trademe listing. Not a huge dent when and if you sell for your asking price. 

Yeah I think thats how much it cost to list the S6.

My S8 was around $200 to list though!