Sign in to follow this  
Kiwi_BMW

F10 550i

I watched this F10 on TM and thought someone either got a bargain or a headache, given the 155km and the oil leak I would think the latter.

Anyway I see it's back up for sale on FB Strictly BMW NZ asking price is $14k down from $19.500k

2010 BMW 550i Motorsport | Trade Me Motors

1702840929.jpg

I've been looking for a good F10.  Avoiding 550's like they are a plague rat though.  Every time I have seen an F10 with an issue it has been a 550.

In my experience that's due to more 550's around compared to other V8's

It's not the oil leak tou have ti worry about, it's the coolant hoses, valve stem seals, breathers etc

• Like 1

3 hours ago, qube said:

One of my no's is a light colored interior.
It has actually been quite difficult to find a good one.  Lots of poverty spec ones listed at the exact same price as higher spec'd ones (Trademe - What is everyone else listing theirs for...)
Lots around the 130km mark that have had zero maintenance.

Prices are starting to fall.  I will just sit and wait.

On 3/25/2022 at 7:08 PM, Gaz said:

It's not the oil leak tou have ti worry about, it's the coolant hoses, valve stem seals, breathers etc

Dont forget timing chains and guides too :D

I spent a long time convincing myself that the 550 was solid with only minor issues, I really love the touring. Guessing the 535D version wouldn't cut it for you? I came really close to buying a one owner nz new one, they seem to be very underrated and undervalued.

58 minutes ago, Twistee said:

I spent a long time convincing myself that the 550 was solid with only minor issues, I really love the touring.

Me too - still think I'd consider swapping mine for the right 550i. I think the LCI 550i with the N63TU would be worth a punt but I'm not brave enough to run the OG engine in the pre-facelift. N57 in the 530d/535d is a great engine though (not that I'm biased 😏)