Sign in to follow this  
cleanish_e46

FS $6k: 1988 325i

New Zealand new, factory manual 325i in Bronzit Beige. 4-door. 1988 pre-facelift. 

7F2E327D-85AB-49B6-A4A1-DCBDFCFD70A3.thumb.jpeg.d70000df95348f327eeeb4b4e88dd37c.jpeg

Complete car, rust in the typical areas.

On lowered springs, have a set of factory springs.

Starts first time, runs well and brakes work.

Registration is on hold and last WoF expired 18/08/2018. 

248,380 kilometres, drives well but due for a replacement cambelt (previously done on 16/03/2009 at 225,800 kilometres) and service. 

Service history from new until 26/05/2010 at 238,676 kilometres. 

My partner and I have recently had a baby, I’ve had some health issues and we’ve been renovating our first home. I’ve lost my storage and the E30 fund has gone on the house. 

Reluctant sale, but genuine reasons for it. 

Good project for someone with the time for it. 

Car is located on the North Shore, Auckland. 

You can contact me on 0275317041 for more information. 

$6,000

• Like 6

The buyer has changed his mind so the car is still for sale if anyone is keen before I list her on TradeMe? 

ADDADE06-FB2D-42F8-A8EC-ED561C44A5EC.thumb.jpeg.0dda176afc3f60be56dcdda799b0f6fe.jpeg

• Like 2

BUMP - $5500

What is an M20B25 running you these days? $2k? and a Getrag 260 plus everything else for a manual conversion? $3k? Everything else for $500.

Still being dry stored in my in-laws garage, but my health still isn’t ideal and I’m burning through my savings paying for it so get in touch if you’re a genuine buyer.

Thanks.

47E05A1B-93DA-494B-93D7-F3F5E49FD886.thumb.jpeg.4346179b20b5ea0ac5aa264c497e405b.jpeg

I've got to ask, because im curious, what is wrong with it? It seems like a damn good price, is it rusty?

37 minutes ago, KwS said:

I've got to ask, because im curious, what is wrong with it? It seems like a damn good price, is it rusty?

Yes, it will need to be repaired.

I have an album of photographs I can link to those interested.

Couple of spots in the floor, one on the roof and the driver’s side a-pillar. There was rust in the rear where the drains come out, but I cut this out and treated it ready to weld in new steel.

That’s about as far as I got before I got sick. 

Good project for someone that knows what they’re doing, but if you can’t do it yourself, I got a range of quotes from mechanics and panelbeaters to do the work once it became apparent I wasn’t going to be able to do it myself, from $2-5k to get her to WoF standard. 

NZ new, factory manual 325i on the road for $7500-10500 in today’s market seems reasonable to me. I’ve had a look at / driven plenty at that price that were just as rusty, but covered with bog. 

I bought this because there are no nasty surprises like that. Nothing hidden. I have the carpet but it’s not fitted so you can see everywhere that would usually cover. Interior can be pulled out in no time for a closer look too. 

Definitely needs work, but not hopeless so I’d rather keep her in one piece. Save them all 👊🏼 

Cheers.

• Like 4