Sign in to follow this  
GerryAttrick

Back to BMWs again!

I have not been online here since I had my E39 Touring....just lurking.

I finally sold the E39 to someone local but alas it is no more since he rolled it off the road and down a bank. I saw the photos and it was a definite writeoff😠. The Nav system finally decided to behave and locate satellites without me having to fit a new antenna.

I followed up with a nice E92 330D Touring for a few years until I took over my brother-in-laws boat when he returned to WA. No way would I be putting the rear of the BMW in salt water so I sold it and bought a RAV4😡. It was a nice enough vehicle and pretty economical at 8.4l per 100km. Trouble was the weather was crap and just as it cleared up enough to go fishing I sold the boat...Aaaagh! 

Not a total disaster as my wife has a F33 430i after a couple of 320Ds so I could still get a BMW fix although I missed the torque of the diesels.

At long last I have traded the RAV4 and am back in a BMW...a very nice white (Jap import)2014 F20 M135i:thumbs-up:

Radio has been converted to NZ but the Navigation is still Japanese Maps so one of my first jobs will be to get the NZ maps loaded and working. As I am waiting for a  E-Net cable laptop purchase to arrive I don't have ISTA+ loaded so I'll get that done for me. Recommendations of someone reliable who can do it would be appreciated.- Auckland, Hamilton preferred.  Hotwire, is this something in your "Box of Tricks"?

I'll probably use Johanne at BMAutobahn, Mt Maunganui for any work I don't do myself

On my list of things to do:

• Retrofit Cruise control
  • Auto boot opening strut
  • Sort my laptop with ISTA+

So how does the F20 go? Its everything I want powerwise and my wife, who has a pretty heavy foot and punts her 430i along swiftly, is most impressed and has even condescended to drive it to Auckland tomorrow. I hope it comes back in one piece!!

Edited by GerryAttrick
  • Like 1

Welcome back!
Also recently picked up a 2014 F20 M135i, definitely a great value car.

Thanks guys. Its good to be driving a BMW again. I'll looked at Audiocity but  wonder why they charge extra for a Jap import as opposed to UK or Singapore. Surely the coding is not that different.

I just noticed my email was an old one which I have now updated. Just in case anyone sent an email to the old address can you resend?

@GerryAttrick the reason the coding is more expensive for Japanese NBT is that the HDD needs to be reflashed to ECE (Euro) spec, more straightforward to simply change map for UK / Singapore cars.

1 hour ago, balancerider said:

@GerryAttrick the reason the coding is more expensive for Japanese NBT is that the HDD needs to be reflashed to ECE (Euro) spec, more straightforward to simply change map for UK / Singapore cars.

Just my luck🥴

On 3/31/2022 at 9:38 PM, Young Thrash Driver said:

Thanks but a bit far😁

I'll see if my "local" Indy guy can do it. If not I'll see about doing it myself once I get ISTA+ installed.