Sign in to follow this  
Twistee

E28 M535i on TM, caught my eye

1695949973.jpg

Is it wrong that I have a dad wagon, an old Terrano farm hack 4x4, a low mileage STI RA, a POS Lancer in a shipping container and yet I still want another car for when all of those are broken and wife is out in her SUV? One of my uncles worked for BMW in South Africa and had one of these when I was very young, nostalgia is a terrible thing when it comes to cars. 

Anyway this one has been sitting for a while on TM, in the past 6 months there have been a white and a red M535i that have gone for much stronger money than what this one is asking, wonder why this one is not moving - advertised price is $22k, but the seller has commented they will take $18. Unfortunately I have flatlined the next few months of my finances thanks to the house renovation so it wont be grabbing this one, although I have a pile of Noiseline 13mm GIB that I bought before the prices went through the roof and supply stopped that haven't been used - I could sell that at the scalpers mark up rate and probably come close to the asking price :D 

Link to the TM auction: https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/535/listing/3463793790?bof=aKD140dE

• Like 2

I think this looks absolutely fantastic and I don't think the auto would be an issue in a torquey cruiser like this.

I'm not up to speed with E28's and if they did Auto M535i's but it certainly appears to have all the options ticked.

If it's 'only' a heavily optioned auto 535i with an Msport kit, would explain the pricing gulf with the recent (immaculate) M535i's.

• Like 1

The build tag lists it as an M535iA, and from what I have read about this gen the M535i was just a bodykit and interior upgrade model, auto was an option. The current owner has certainly addressed all the common problem child areas during his ownership. Someone will get a well sorted car, unfortunately thanks to the current world we live in the circle of potential owners of these classics is shrinking. While these are no E28 M5, the price gulf between them is huge and I think the look of the shark nose era of cars is amazing regardless of model. And I only recently learnt that there were a few companies of the era that did a touring conversion using various items from Merc and BMW parts bin. Looks a little out of whack from some angles, but it's a touring ......

494-scaled.jpg

• Like 4

Hi, I bought this car. Good original condition, not flawless but a good survivor. 

I like the auto as I drive it quite a bit in Auckland traffic. I've got other toys that are manual. I've also got an E46 330i for daily use. 

• Like 5