Sign in to follow this  
SHRNTA

Stolen E46 M3

Do you know how they stole it? 

Are you pushing to reclaim and 'fix' it? Or move on?

So for people with e46s that want them a bit harder to take.

1, enable the factory alarm even if it’s just set to flash lights. Add Bonnet switch at least. Needs enabling at your fav BMW agent.

2, consider disabling internal obd port or get the product that adds a siren that activates on the dummy port. The siren can fit where the original hands free speaker used to be located.

3, mongoose or similar tracker which has a disable circuit.  Mobile app will tell you if car is moved. Choose something like fuelpump or dme power to disable.

4 , payback circuit 😀, add an old spark plug coil to your fake internal OBDI port on the bus transmit. , will blow the …. out of any of the devices that tries and circumvents the EWS.

• Like 3

On 5/9/2022 at 3:47 PM, m325i said:

Do you know how they stole it? 

Are you pushing to reclaim and 'fix' it? Or move on?

Will see what BM Workshop and German Kollison come back with in terms of damage. I’ve heard parts and panel is about a 3month wait so insurance company might make the decision for me; since everything has to be fixed and given back within a certain period.

I’ll never be able to afford a car like this again so out of my hands at this stage. 

• Sad 1

Depending whats wrong with it, dont let them write it off if you dont want to. They might offer you a cash settlement if they cant fix it in a certain period of time, and you could look to fix it yourself.

• Thanks 1

If anyone is interested I’d brought a set of the alarm modules , ( tilt sensor , cabin ultrasound , under bonnet siren , under bonnet switch  ) which are second hand.

Also have the headlining brackets and a brand new black Motorsport / m3 sensor cover which I managed to find and import.

Was going to install these  and add wiring when my health was up to it ( needs custom wiring loom unless car is pre-wire  for alarm / DWA.)

Have copy of the BMW E46 DWA install and system brief pdf.

Have since traded my e46 m3. Will advertise them soon unless anyone is interested. .

Curious as to how it went with it - all fixed and paid out?

I've worked in Parnell for many years and I think I saw your car many times.