Sign in to follow this  
JackDatBoi

I need help... big time! 4x114.3 to 4x100

Hello all,

I'm looking at buying some new wheels for the old E21 but not sure if they'll fit... After doing some research, I found out that E21's are 4x100 with I think et25 and center bore: 57.1mm.. I'm familiar with stud patterns but clueless with the rest! The wheels I'm looking at are 4x114.3 Albino Fins (I realise 4x114.3 won't fit 4x100) - they cost a pretty penny, so I'm just looking for advice before I click 'buy now'. The specs on the wheels are as follows: 

15x6.5 - offset: +20 Front/ +14 Rear - Center Bore: 71.5mm

I know some people say it's sketchy running adapters and I'm struggling to find anyone who can fill & re-drill. I'm sure someone on here has run 4x114.3 with 4x100 adapters on here? Ddi they fir/ drive ok? Have any issues? 

If anyone can help me in regards to IF I have to run adapters, will they fit? Will they hit the brakes? 

Again... I'm useless with wheel specs, so any help would go a long way!

Cheers. 

Edited by JackDatBoi

You're familiar with stud pattern and want to fit 4x114.3 wheels on a 4x100 hub? How's that going to work? Besides that the centre bore is way too far off to make compatible, if you wanted to use adaptors (still not sure that gap is possible) then you'll also need a cert.

I'd look for some other wheels you like, you can use a site like https://www.willtheyfit.com/ to plug in your stock wheel dimensions and the offset etc of wheels you like to see if they'll fit or poke too much. Whether they'll hit the brakes will require you to either take some measurements and do some calculations yourself, or use a combo tried and tested by somebody else.

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, M3AN said:

You're familiar with stud pattern and want to fit 4x114.3 wheels on a 4x100 hub? How's that going to work? Besides that the centre bore is way too far off to make compatible, if you wanted to use adaptors (still not sure that gap is possible) then you'll also need a cert.

I'd look for some other wheels you like, you can use a site like https://www.willtheyfit.com/ to plug in your stock wheel dimensions and the offset etc of wheels you like to see if they'll fit or poke too much. Whether they'll hit the brakes will require you to either take some measurements and do some calculations yourself, or use a combo tried and tested by somebody else.

Hence why I said I want to re drill/ run adapters. I've looked everywhere for wheels which are 4x100 but can't find anything I like. Most wheels are just knockoffs and look cheap. I guess I'll have to take some measurements and possibly run adapters! Thanks for the reply. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KwS said:

The center bore can be fixed using hubcentric rings, but you cant fix the stud pattern issue without either running adaptor spacers, or redilling the wheels.

I'd suggest getting wheels that fit, in the correct PCD.

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/bmw/3-series/1976/

Thanks for the reply. Can't find anything I like online... Do you know anyone who offers redrilling? 

Cheers

Any engineer can re-drill your hubs, brake rotors and or drums, piece of cake. Do not fill original holes, that's illegal and foolish

Use hubcentric rings

Dunno about offsets on e21s though 

2 hours ago, dirtydoogle said:

Any engineer can re-drill your hubs, brake rotors and or drums, piece of cake. Do not fill original holes, that's illegal and foolish

Use hubcentric rings

Dunno about offsets on e21s though 

Thanks for the info. Had no idea it was illegal - good to know! I found these hub centric rings: https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/car-parts-accessories/wheels-tyres/other/listing/3551428528?bof=kPKH8wdv - No idea if they're any good or not?

Thanks again for the reply! Big help.

I'll have a look around for some engineers. 

Ring a tyre/mag shop for spacers, easiest way and also ask them about anyone they may use for re-drilling 

Measure your hub outer diameter to see how much room you have for a larger PCD, would need around 125mm to be safe with an M12 wheel bolt 

Gotta make sure they're flat faced wheels if you are redrilling. 

Have you had a look at arrow wheels for some custom nz made wheels