Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

New Hongqi BMW ripoff

Just kidding. It's the new BMW 7 Series. Hoping it's just a bad render. But not looking likely. 

fs3wbgacdmu81.jpg

Edited by Driftit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

Its ugly as sin, but TBH its better looking than most of their current lineup, like this abortion of a thing

ix-xdrive50-png-1632888385.png

I wonder where they are getting their inspiration...

download.jpeg.jpg.759f1590ad1104b0072844138a730fa2.jpg

F'ing terrible.

• Haha 3

That's not the most flattering angle / colour tbh.

Base spec "pure excellence" is interesting...

i7 1.PNG

Looks a lot better in M-Sport trim to me..

i7 2.PNG

Or you can go the full Rolls-Royce look with two-tone paint if you want..

i7 3.PNG

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Or you can go the full Rolls-Royce look with two-tone paint if you want..

i7 3.PNG

like two tone! Mercedes from the 1960s looked superb, imho.

In the ugly vehicles department...

Anyone else seen one of these on the road? I've seen smaller vans!

2019 BMW X7 Arrives Bringing Brawny Face To 7-Seat SUV Segment

I know what you mean about the two-tone, it looks good on some cars. I had a two-tone Hillman Avenger GT in my youth... not quite the same though.

Yes, the X7 is a big unit, but being in and around them everyday, both at work and in East Auckland, you kind of get used to them.

There is an LCI (facelift in old money) coming soon for the X7 as well, gets a similar front end treatment as the new i7..

X7 LCI.png

• Like 1

Saw pics of the i4 today. The X7 looks OK-ish from the back, but the i4? Well, here's the front.

attachment.php?s=1c673b64fbca8e1892a7b72387449528&attachmentid=2862143&stc=1&d=1650245280

And the back...?

attachment.php?s=1c673b64fbca8e1892a7b72387449528&attachmentid=2862144&stc=1&d=1650245280

It just looks... Unfinished?
Certainly not something that'd make me want to take a last glance as I walk away.

Probably a great car to drive, though.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gjm said:

Saw pics of the i4 today. The X7 looks OK-ish from the back, but the i4? Well, here's the front.

attachment.php?s=1c673b64fbca8e1892a7b72387449528&attachmentid=2862143&stc=1&d=1650245280

And the back...?

attachment.php?s=1c673b64fbca8e1892a7b72387449528&attachmentid=2862144&stc=1&d=1650245280

It just looks... Unfinished?
Certainly not something that'd make me want to take a last glance as I walk away.

Probably a great car to drive, though.

Is that a sunburnt orange M2 in the background? That looks good. Whereas the i4… 🤮

I just don’t view most of the new BMWs as BMWs anymore. I think the new Audis look spectacular. Saw the new e-tron GT on the road and that really stood out in a good way.

CB46EDEC-A808-4987-92DA-FC1D44A99B3F.png

Edited by Contrails
  • Like 1

Another unfinished-looking front end, this time on the 760i xDrive.

bmw-760i-2023-live-photos-exterior-design-15.jpg

37 minutes ago, gjm said:

Another unfinished-looking front end, this time on the 760i xDrive.

bmw-760i-2023-live-photos-exterior-design-15.jpg

At least there is provision for a number plate front and center, to break up that ridiculous grille. The new angular treatment of the face looks odd on the 7er and X7, and the trend towards very thin headlights is quite Hyundai-esque. I actually find the big grille suits the X7 in pre-LCI form... Probably the quite attractive headlights helps.

I feel like I did when Bangle created the E60.

I quite like it.  It looks imposing and sophisticated while appearing sleek.  Looks like a 7 to me.  Blacked out ones don't photograph properly.  The new 3/4 is also much better in person and seeing them all lined up at the dealer they look pretty sharp.  They make Audi/merc look very generic.

image.png.1ae6eacd1f2f8bae518a60722edc4834.png

• Like 2

A timely reminder that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', 'cos 'fugly' comes to mine 🤣

But at the end of the day it is what it is!

I am untroubled by it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GorGasm said:

I quite like it.  It looks imposing and sophisticated while appearing sleek.  Looks like a 7 to me.  Blacked out ones don't photograph properly.  The new 3/4 is also much better in person and seeing them all lined up at the dealer they look pretty sharp.  They make Audi/merc look very generic.

image.png.1ae6eacd1f2f8bae518a60722edc4834.png

New S is superior imo. The new 7 is just a sad looking new Rolls.

n5jy9d57m1v81.jpg

For those who cannot justify another BMW grill you could aim for the Mitsuoka Ryoga, drink enough and it totally looks the same.

1671753875.jpg

Avant version. Glorious, sleek grill, dripping with chrome, you would never know that there was a Nissan under that beaver front end :D 

All this for the sum of $12,500 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/other/other/listing/3406935925?bof=jWXxlIBH

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Driftit said:

n5jy9d57m1v81.jpg

Agree the exterior of the S is better looking. Interior resembles a strip club. Also the C/E/S are the ultimate in Babushka (see below) and the fact that all c-class (including the C63) are 3 or 4 cylinder doesn't appeal much

Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 9.18.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 9.20.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 9.20.51 PM.png

Edited by balancerider

4 minutes ago, balancerider said:

.. the fact that all c-class (including the C63) are 3 or 4 cylinder doesn't appeal much

And still well north of 400hp. The tech is amazing.

But yes. If I was buying a C63, it'd be the full-fat, 6.2 V8 version.

I reckon my MG midget is smaller than one of the kidneys on the X7

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Disagree, the S just looks derivative in my opinion.

• Like 2

All mercs look the same as they have for the past 5 or so years. It's safe and it's boring, but it's almost impossible for anyone to know you're driving the latest model, so big loss of status symbol points there. 

• Like 2

But with mercs you see in traffic you dont have to dry heave, even if they are fairly generic they arent appalling. BMW have lost their way big time, not just in styling but in their brand ethos as a whole. I appreciate they also have to make money, but at what cost....

• Like 3

Yes and no.  The 3, 5 and 7 series doing well and hold to their heritage.  The G30 5 series is a solid bit of engineering, so is the new 7.  It may look a lot like the F10 but it's a different beast altogether.  The 540i is pure BMW in my books.image.png.e31c0ed1cf894ef3155a960a24cc4b9d.png

Edited by GorGasm

Side effect is that the rise of the ugly BM will help push the price of the classic BM's up... up... up :)  

Cheers...

On 4/22/2022 at 4:40 PM, Young Thrash Driver said:

At least there is provision for a number plate front and center, to break up that ridiculous grille. The new angular treatment of the face looks odd on the 7er and X7, and the trend towards very thin headlights is quite Hyundai-esque. I actually find the big grille suits the X7 in pre-LCI form... Probably the quite attractive headlights helps.

I feel like I did when Bangle created the E60.

And look at the E60 now, those that disliked it at the time think it looks good now............will the same happen with the "new" look?