Sign in to follow this  
doge

2016 330e convert Jap to NZ radio frequency

Hi all, I haven't seen a question asked regarding this model, so wanted to check - is this something I can do myself with programming, or is there physical hardware needed to enable this model to pick up NZ radio frequencies? Can anyone point to any guide if it is something easy enough to achieve through programming? Thanks!

I've done lots for various automotive shops and peeps . recently the 2019 530e. converted the radio and Nav to NZ. Suggest you don't do it yourself if the first time. the new generation ID5 to 6 are now region locked. need to flash firmware. 

Considering it sounds challenging/risky as a DIY project (particularly considering the need to flash firmware), I'll get this done professionally. Thanks!

I'm installing a wireless carplay module into my F31 tomorrow, surely a better solution unless you are a big fan of listening to adverts on the old wireless?

Hi Patrick

there are options depending on which island you are on. https://eurosurgeon.co.nz/ if you are on north island and https://soundworks.net.nz/ on south island. all they do is install nz maps, radio and nz english lang firmware. so everything is like factory stock. Soundworks did the install on my e89 Z4 and it works like a charm. I also did a step up and had a limcet carplay/android  system installed which gives me a one button choice of using the factory screen or carplay both of which costs around $500 nz

On 4/21/2022 at 2:05 PM, doge said:

Hi all, I haven't seen a question asked regarding this model, so wanted to check - is this something I can do myself with programming, or is there physical hardware needed to enable this model to pick up NZ radio frequencies? Can anyone point to any guide if it is something easy enough to achieve through programming? Thanks!

You are able to code this yourself using standarding coding tools if you wish. I've done it myself in my 2017 BMW 330e