Sign in to follow this  
Senpai

Need help !!!

I need help wit finding a supercharger kit for my e36 320i I see some kits for 2.5 and 2.8 but no 2L I’m just a 17 year old tryna build his dream build I was gonna go wit turbo but it’s so expensive I went for a 2.8 swap and it’s just so expensive so imma stay wit my m50b20tu engine and try to boost it any ideas or anyone who has done a supercharge install for there 320i pls I need help I’m short on knowledge and money been working trying to save to build it but I got bills to pay and money depth that isn’t mine but I have no choice to pay could really need a hand pls 

• Haha 1

Trying to boost it either way (turbo or super charger) is going to be expensive to do it badly, and very expensive to do it properly. If its your daily driver then time off the road for dicking around with the build and / or issues down the track would also be something to think pretty hard about.

Best advice with my sensible old man pants on would be to work on that debt you have and enjoy the car for what it is until you are in a better position to FULLY plan and cost out the build before picking up a spanner.

• Like 6

Swapping in a 2.8 is going to be WAY cheaper than any supercharger... but as above. Just drive it and pay the bills. 

• Like 2

Inb4 2.8 swap because cheap supercharger "build" blew the 2.0 up. 

The age old saying stands true; Fast, cheap or reliable. Pick two. 

• Like 1

At the point where you can properly afford a 2.8 swap or a decent supercharger setup, I would personally just buy another BMW with a factory 2.5 or a 2.8 as a fun/project car, and keep the 320i as a reliable daily. Easier and cheaper to start with a more suited car from the start, otherwise things will get expensive quickly. Your wallet will thank you if the 320i stays a stock daily with the way fuel prices are going anyway. 

@KwS summarised it well with the pick two analogy, there will always be compromise, and if the 320i is your only car, one of the choices must be for it to be reliable and useable. 

• Like 2