Sign in to follow this  
Cement

E46 Ground Clearence

So I will be modifying our drive way and garage floor to create enough clearance to get non-SUV vehicles (namely the E46 project car) in and out, just like regular people do.

To model this correctly, and ultimately make plywood forms for the concrete folks I need to know in the real world what sort of clearance I need to generate ... no can do with mine as its still on stands and will be for a while yet.

Does anybody have an E46 which has been lowered to a 'good looking' but practical level say who could check the minimum ground clearance for me ? Even stock height is a good starting point (I simply minus 40mm say) ... my current model is working with 100mm but the bimmers do tend to sit fairly low so am keen to get some real world numbers.

Getting this work done and then finding it still scrapes would be super sub optimal :)

• Like 1

Unfortunately mine is gone so can't measure it.

100mm is legally as low as you can go? Angles etc makes all the difference.

With the E30 I cannot back in and drive out (forwards) without scraping even if I'm super careful, but I can drive in forwards and back out totally fine, even without taking much caution.

• Like 1