Sign in to follow this  
E90Bimmer

Bmw e90 issues

Hello all, yes I'm new to this forum and BMW in general but like being hands on I know it's mostly electrical with bmw.

I've recently purchased a bmw e90 330i 2005 I got it for 1k!! Wof and rego sweet!

When I purchased it it had valve cover gasket and spark plugs tube seals leaks which have been replaced along with valvetronic motor gaskets and the amp was dead which I've replaced but speakers sound like utter crap, (hifi sound)

Since I purchased the car I have a airbag and seatbelt warning light on the dash and idrive system I used onboard computer to get code CC-ID 97.

My battery is also low on voltage reading about 11.7 when car is off, is this a contributing factor and yes I know it needs replaced and coded, also I've heard seat mat sensor can trigger this if faulty.

I now have bimmercode and bimmerlink android apps but need to find the appropriate obd2 tool here in NZ preferably cheap!

My last question is, that I have a DIN66AGM battery do I have to replace with exact match or can I just find another and register it using bimmerlink or bimmercode.

Thanks!!

IMG20220514124638.jpg

Airbag issues are easy to fix. can help with repair on modules or coding out Seatmat sensor. 

Wow great price for one with a WOF and Reg.

If the module is the issue I definitely recommend Pramod (Promo) above to take a look and fix the module.

You do need to have the battery coded.  Especially going into the colder months.  Some battery shops are able to do this for you.  May be worth having the battery tested at the same time as that voltage is too low.

OBD2 tools can be very hit and miss.  Many will not be able to code and require modification.

Hopefully someone on here with the BMW ISTA software that is nearby could give you a hand.

Or you could try install this software yourself.  There are some great guides around.  It is far more powerful than any of the apps around.  But takes much more time and a laptop is required.

ISTA is available free.  Do not pay for it.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/beginners-guide-to-bmw-ista.936877/

Download is available here.

https://www.bimmergeeks.net/downloads

Am

2 hours ago, Driftit said:

Wow great price for one with a WOF and Reg.

If the module is the issue I definitely recommend Pramod (Promo) above to take a look and fix the module.

You do need to have the battery coded.  Especially going into the colder months.  Some battery shops are able to do this for you.  May be worth having the battery tested at the same time as that voltage is too low.

OBD2 tools can be very hit and miss.  Many will not be able to code and require modification.

Hopefully someone on here with the BMW ISTA software that is nearby could give you a hand.

Or you could try install this software yourself.  There are some great guides around.  It is far more powerful than any of the apps around.  But takes much more time and a laptop is required.

ISTA is available free.  Do not pay for it.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/beginners-guide-to-bmw-ista.936877/

Download is available here.

https://www.bimmergeeks.net/downloads

Where can I purchase a cable? Here in NZ? How expensive cheers!

I used one of these for IOS that I got from Aliexpress (wifi version). Worked fine with Bimmercode but I don't have Bimmerlink. You would need the Android version and there should be someone selling them locally. 

dongle.png.a9a5ad150d515a060bbfdfdebc9061ee.png

Vgate iCar2 obd2 bluetooth scanner ELM327 V2.1 obd 2 wifi icar 2 car tools elm 327 for android/PC/IOS code reader free shipping

Cheers...

54 minutes ago, jon dee said:

I used one of these for IOS that I got from Aliexpress (wifi version). Worked fine with Bimmercode but I don't have Bimmerlink. You would need the Android version and there should be someone selling them locally. 

dongle.png.a9a5ad150d515a060bbfdfdebc9061ee.png

Vgate iCar2 obd2 bluetooth scanner ELM327 V2.1 obd 2 wifi icar 2 car tools elm 327 for android/PC/IOS code reader free shipping

Cheers...

Would this one be ok, says works with bimmercode I checked my bimmerlink app also and it says it supports vgate Bluetooth and wifi adaptors so should be okay? 

Screenshot_2022-05-24-13-35-56-74_e2dcd05661dfebeb123569377c1f4abc.jpg

5 hours ago, Driftit said:

...  It is far more powerful than any of the apps around.  But takes much more time and a laptop is required....

Bimmergeeks Protools, does everything ISTA does + more.

OP - I honestly wouldnt waste time with any of the others, unless you want to look at ISTA/INPA etc go get the bimmergeeks bluetooth OBD2 doofa and the app, its easily worth the price. You'll do what I did and have 5 OBD2 doofas sitting on the shelf that never get used, as the bimmergeeks one just works and does more. 

Edited by Jacko

1 hour ago, E90Bimmer said:

Screenshot_2022-05-24-13-35-56-74_e2dcd05661dfebeb123569377c1f4abc.jpg

Looks OK to me. I only used mine on wifi as it is supposed to be faster and more reliable than bluetooth. If you can pick one up locally that will get you going soonest. I know that there are other apps out there that are supposed to be better and probably are, but I just get something simple as I don't intend to be trying to learn how to code and do all sort of trick stuff. I'll leave that to someone who actually knows what they are doing and has a decent laptop :) 

Cheers...

Start with the battery before anything else, low voltage does funny things to many euro cars. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jacko said:

Bimmergeeks Protools, does everything ISTA does + more.

OP - I honestly wouldnt waste time with any of the others, unless you want to look at ISTA/INPA etc go get the bimmergeeks bluetooth OBD2 doofa and the app, its easily worth the price. You'll do what I did and have 5 OBD2 doofas sitting on the shelf that never get used, as the bimmergeeks one just works and does more. 

I do actually only use the Bimmergeeks pro tool.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, my_e36 said:

Start with the battery before anything else, low voltage does funny things to many euro cars. 

https://www.repco.co.nz/en/globes-batteries-electrical/car-battery/car-batteries/repco-car-battery-690cca-40-month-warranty-din65lx-mf/p/A1331733

Will this battery suit ie cca etc, through repco it says it fits my vehicle good warranty with it for only $300 doesn't seem like a bad deal

Yeah as long as the battery is coded correctly.
Otherwise I think there is a Battery town down your way who might be able to match something better.  They will no doubt be able to program it for you too.