Sign in to follow this  
Twistee

Isle of Man TT 2022

Thought I would post this up for anyone that follows the TT - especially as it has been out of action for the past couple of years due to Covid. For the first time ever the IOM TT is going to be live broadcast, the streaming service is $40 for the duration of the event. For that price I've already signed up, the package includes replay access for 12 months. It's like Bathurst on two wheels after several lines of cocaine and all the brave pills :D

https://ttplus.iomttraces.com/

image.thumb.png.110bdb65770e99937f8e4004f2879fe5.png

And yes if you like BMW's there may be one or two at the pointy end of the field -

Peter Hickman - FHO BMW

https://www.visordown.com/news/racing/road-racing/peter-hickman-confirms-2022-isle-man-tt-nw200-factory-fho-bmw

Even if you don't ride or follow road racing go watch some TT clips on Youtube.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m my list of events to visit. There was amazing video “Close to the edge “ which followed Guy Martins race at IOM TT.  Worth a watch if you haven’t seen it already.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neal said:

I’m my list of events to visit. There was amazing video “Close to the edge “ which followed Guy Martins race at IOM TT.  Worth a watch if you haven’t seen it already.

That's a good flick, there are plenty about Dunlop and McGuiness online that are worth a watch as well. The road race guys seem far more down to earth and relatable than the equivalent 4 wheel racers, probably a large part of what draws people to the sport is the amazing history of crazy characters who are accessable to the fans. I would also love to attend TT week, but I think it is getting health and safetied into oblivion for the fans. The days of leaning on a rock wall while a superbike belt by within arm's reach are numbered. In the meantime I will do with a digital version and watch the video streams. 

I signed up as soon as that deal was released, it's a mere pittance after WSBK and MotoGP video passes 😬

John McG on the Collecting Cars Podcast is a must listen, absolutely hilarious 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dirtydoogle said:

I signed up as soon as that deal was released, it's a mere pittance after WSBK and MotoGP video passes 😬

John McG on the Collecting Cars Podcast is a must listen, absolutely hilarious 

"The big problem with Macau is that the bike racing gets in the way of a fantastic holiday@dirtydoogle I think that Collecting Cars episode is possibly my most listened to podcast ever, he is a great story teller and ambassador for the sport.  

• Like 2

I listened to it on Saturday, twice, absolute gold. His yarns about his old man are awesome 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2022 at 10:30 PM, Neal said:

Been twice. Once - the 'real' way. On a bike, living in a garage while there. Road in before the races, road the mountain (slowly and carefully!), parked the bike and gave the keys to the landlady. Sobered up a few days later.

Second was the poseurs way. Flew in, stayed in a hotel.

To be honest, both are fantastic ways to visit.

• Like 1

Would love to ride the circuit at pace or my pace anyway 🙂

Have done a number of runs in the NZ cliffhanger hill climb which has to be the most addictive thing I’ve done.  Nothing like leaning over at 200k plus on what amounts to a rural / farm road. But then you see the times that semi pro NZ riders which have done the TT which just leaves me godsmacked. A few hitting 280- 300 kmh where I’m holding  off at 220 . Gonads the size of grapefruit 😀

There is a really good talk / doco on a former TT medic. Better than most TED talks. Gives an understanding of how a number of riders have survived when it’s gone pear shaped.

caution as it’s not for the faint hearted.

• Like 1

Without a doubt the enforced Covid layoffs for both motor bike and car racing has given each of the sports  a tremendous boost in popularity,  moreso perhaps for the watcher. Our Youtube and other channels have been very active of late.

Further to Twistee's first post , while segueing smoothly off topic (slightly) this has popped up for sale quite close to home too. The ask appears (to us anyway) quite affordable. Hmm, with a little bit of juggling both in the garage, and the wallet surely space should be found for this?  😁 Discuss....

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/bmw/listing/3602370567?bof=bHgVunfq

Edited by Bandit
sp
  • Like 2

@BanditThat's not off topic, it's a BMW and has a connection to Hicky in a thread about the TT. I can connect the dots :P Great looking piece of kit with some expensive hardware upgrades, I bet when new that was a lot of coin to put on the track. Who ever stumps up the cash for that will have an epic ride. Given the price of a new 1000RR is 3 to 4x what is being asked for that bike it's a good deal (and you won't get 3-4x the performance), assuming you were already hunting for a BMW track hack it looks tempting. Needs some BMW M decals to complete the look though.

bmw_s1000rr_1.jpg?mode=max&quality=90&scale=down

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bandit said:

Without a doubt the enforced Covid layoffs for both motor bike and car racing has given each of the sports  a tremendous boost in popularity,  moreso perhaps for the watcher. Our Youtube and other channels have been very active of late.

Further to Twistee's first post , while segueing smoothly off topic (slightly) this has popped up for sale quite close to home too. The ask appears (to us anyway) quite affordable. Hmm, with a little bit of juggling both in the garage, and the wallet surely space should be found for this?  😁 Discuss....

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/bmw/listing/3602370567?bof=bHgVunfq

They're a very, very good, very capable yet not difficult-to-ride bike. They remind me of the branching out BMW did when they introduced the K1 - a bike that although limited (at the factory) to 100bhp, and unusual or striking - depending on perspective - looks, also proved to be extremely capable and reliable.

It's live now and the live broadcast has the potential to be great, but the stream is choppy and currently ruining the experience. I have a 1GB fibre link, so I can rule out bandwidth as the issue. I hope they improve rapidly and this is just a teething problem. Still pretty exciting. 

And just like that @the 45 minute mark it has been sorted.....

Edited by Twistee
  • Like 1

I just started that one from the start and almost kicked the telly through the f**kin wall with those issues 

All happy now 

• Haha 1

I have all sorts of issues on the SBK site too, on PC and mobile. Does make one a bit peeved after throwing money at em 

20 hours ago, dirtydoogle said:

I have all sorts of issues on the SBK site too, on PC and mobile. Does make one a bit peeved after throwing money at em 

There seems to be a trend at the start of the various TT live feeds the audio / video stutters, it is getting better thankfully. Watching the onboard from Mc G's first day of practise give me goose bumps, that Blade is a weapon totally makes up for the odd annoying video glitch in the other streams. The coverage is modelled very similarly to V8 Supercars, which gets viewers into every aspect of the event. Money well spent. 

I'm chuffed to bits with it. No reprieve for the family now 😅

• Like 1

So TT is long over - was a real mix of tragedy and some close racing. But on a happier note I found this today while shopping for my daughters B'day present...

W6hC5uEgV-4_U7zR-wa9ipMk4D_hmHWciwwgzx9c5ToXygj-qT12dKXb8laf3Pkg_178Rn8BIjxH1-UGsfUFUDrOJynMFVpcxruXjpmoAUu_YGoYmXb4v3qaB0qx8dIxeY9Y821yB5bOvyTnIf7SyiMCj3CqaF5ErTGiCFOnwhStZ9av_KxVdPeYzOx9D5pBh_Kevnrh-JgPIUaXJK-2DSuc47bPKo8uY8PPo16jZi3Z3vU84peG-Fr6h0cdNIsGHzp0oEiM3KM4K5xmsUF71cmYe23CovX0SLEBiiaswxVI_FDCBsR55UohbgRyou46DLjSrEjniv2KRkV0ri2r2FjU0jt3KsF_wPiztxcckGVC3RI_Mzy9jKb6HfKS-ct1ViOQyTONwe5n8ef5VAXu8YJ25vYiEE21xntQzMvc5qDzbyWRA4yHznKEmvautzWRpX3A6aSUm-SkG-tniLEnDF6b306aaa44R883rkZIvf0baBU5zerJS0coIt9s5UBX3smzOzMrozONdHhsf6SaYWdeBoB1dT48tDg6as2ibqgbmdEAYCIdMIAuHFZx7vMOWNKBqWnSLqQqAD7qdAcQlnD_0b34nJhE2rBJAxO3Oj_NtTCnHCrXvpX7n0E0Xy4DX3q9XIk0crBKuVhR9CVaMuqGteDxvaISqSSxRGLcknyNnBA7davhJNh-uPQxJ4i9Kczk5nowMQKrro1nUei35xT5NMWkwHXEFgLFgqsSjiu596Nb-rNCsyDN7UjpM4M=w1263-h947-no?authuser=0

And at $329.99 it's priced like a BMW!

4 hours ago, Twistee said:

So TT is long over - was a real mix of tragedy and some close racing. But on a happier note I found this today while shopping for my daughters B'day present...

W6hC5uEgV-4_U7zR-wa9ipMk4D_hmHWciwwgzx9c5ToXygj-qT12dKXb8laf3Pkg_178Rn8BIjxH1-UGsfUFUDrOJynMFVpcxruXjpmoAUu_YGoYmXb4v3qaB0qx8dIxeY9Y821yB5bOvyTnIf7SyiMCj3CqaF5ErTGiCFOnwhStZ9av_KxVdPeYzOx9D5pBh_Kevnrh-JgPIUaXJK-2DSuc47bPKo8uY8PPo16jZi3Z3vU84peG-Fr6h0cdNIsGHzp0oEiM3KM4K5xmsUF71cmYe23CovX0SLEBiiaswxVI_FDCBsR55UohbgRyou46DLjSrEjniv2KRkV0ri2r2FjU0jt3KsF_wPiztxcckGVC3RI_Mzy9jKb6HfKS-ct1ViOQyTONwe5n8ef5VAXu8YJ25vYiEE21xntQzMvc5qDzbyWRA4yHznKEmvautzWRpX3A6aSUm-SkG-tniLEnDF6b306aaa44R883rkZIvf0baBU5zerJS0coIt9s5UBX3smzOzMrozONdHhsf6SaYWdeBoB1dT48tDg6as2ibqgbmdEAYCIdMIAuHFZx7vMOWNKBqWnSLqQqAD7qdAcQlnD_0b34nJhE2rBJAxO3Oj_NtTCnHCrXvpX7n0E0Xy4DX3q9XIk0crBKuVhR9CVaMuqGteDxvaISqSSxRGLcknyNnBA7davhJNh-uPQxJ4i9Kczk5nowMQKrro1nUei35xT5NMWkwHXEFgLFgqsSjiu596Nb-rNCsyDN7UjpM4M=w1263-h947-no?authuser=0

And at $329.99 it's priced like a BMW!

Wut.... ??????????????????????????????? 

At almost half a metre in length it is massive, I could do so much with $329.99 - Buy a days worth of groceries, put gas in the M5, buy 1/3rd of a new office chair :D Or as I found out - let the other half buy some new shoes..... So I won't by buying that particular toy, but if it were an E61 M5 it would be a done deal.

1010441?w=1200

• Like 1