Sign in to follow this  
balancerider

Alpina vibes

Who special orders something like that, does 1200km in it and then sells / trades it?

18 minutes ago, aja540i said:

Who special orders something like that, does 1200km in it and then sells / trades it?

Someones who’s multi million dollar mortgage just got a whole lot more expensive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, andrewm said:

Someones who’s multi million dollar mortgage just got a whole lot more expensive.

Bugger that, you can sleep in a car but you can't race a house!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, aja540i said:

Bugger that, you can sleep in a car but you can't race a house!

Ye of little imagination

16A46CE6-92EE-4FE1-8F63-CAF61AE5B98C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Love the DIY concept only can't help but think that a hipped roof would help with the drag coefficient :)  

Cheers...

Yep definitely a beautiful colour combo.

Shame about the wheel design.  In fact wheel design in general is pretty poor these days I feel.

• Like 1

Only cost a few bob to change the wheels on the first one, and it has enough power too.

Hi all - have lurked around these pages for a while (E30 conv '91 in the garage since '97) ....... was vaguely thinking about a new family wagon and seeing this car made that Priority No.1 so just pulled the trigger and looking forward to collection next week !

Entirely agree re the wheels ........ suggestions welcome along Alpina lines.    Will find out Alpina cost for reference.  I don't think any of the BMW dealers in NZ are Alpina agents (?)   Have found with other car & non-car items where no local supplier that head office often happy to sell direct. Failing that maybe one of the UK dealers.   HRE do an Alpina copy that's more expensive than the original !

• Like 1

I've never been a fan of the Alpina Classic wheel - too busy looking. But the Alpina Dynamic wheel is damn sexy. alpina-dynamic-wheel-d09.jpg.74f5a2e40395e2bc394dbcced2301aea.jpg

I would suggest you steer away from bright chrome and black. That green colour is one of very few colours which would work well with a bronze finish wheel, similar to the halo colour on the M5CS.bmw-m5-cs-on-display-in-abu-dhabi-looks-amazing-in-frozen-deep-green-metallic_6.thumb.jpg.b259d3b502bd03e3c596b5042f6020ca.jpg

Edited by TonyT

15 minutes ago, Revocet said:

I don't think any of the BMW dealers in NZ are Alpina agents (?)   Have found with other car & non-car items where no local supplier that head office often happy to sell direct.

Congrats - it's lovely and I suspect you'll not see another green G21 in NZ.

BMW Australia may be able to sell you Alpina rims - can spec new Alpina B3 there so could be worth a look.

1 hour ago, TonyT said:

I would suggest you steer away from bright chrome and black. That green colour is one of very few colours which would work well with a bronze finish wheel, similar to the halo colour on the M5CS.

Agree - satin platinum bronze would look great

Edited by Revocet

4 hours ago, balancerider said:

Congrats - it's lovely and I suspect you'll not see another green G21 in NZ.

BMW Australia may be able to sell you Alpina rims - can spec new Alpina B3 there so could be worth a look.

Cheers.  Will check out the agent in Oz - but from experience with other car parts the landed price ex-Oz is often more expensive than ex-UK and takes longer to arrive. 

Edited by Revocet