Sign in to follow this  
Kees

Bargain F10 M5?!!

This F10 M5 came up for sale yesterday afternoon with a price tag of $24K, over 14K cheaper than the cheapest on on TradeMe which has similar mileage. I was going to go have a look at it this afternoon as I have an exam this morning, however, of course with a price tag like that it's already sold. Had I gone and looked at it, I would have had a significant PPI done. 

I believe the seller owns a dealership however I'm guessing this was a private sale with no dealership jargon in the listing description. Surely there must have been something wrong with the car?

When I messaged the seller, I asked if there were any mechanical issues they were aware of as well as where I could view, and was hit with a "yes, its available". I then asked again for a viewing and if there were any mechanical faults he was aware of and I was sent a viewing address of a car dealership on Great South Road but the question about mechanical issues was ignored once again. Seems as though he didn't want any statement in writing pertaining to the mechanical status of the car.

I'm sure the car would have sold for $30K in a matter of hours/days as it would still be by far the cheapest F10 M5 on the market. 

And being a dealer, its hard to believe he doesn't know the value of an F10 M5.... 

Surely even at trade-in rates, 24K is quite low for an F10 M5 that supposedly has full BMW history? 

Or did someone just score an absolute bargain?

Here's the listing:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/412388357565849/ 

1792536425_ScreenShot2022-06-10at12_26_44AM.thumb.png.32c6e20567f9e3bec9a5bef4c9569ecd.png

Edited by Kees

How much damage can you do running on 91?

4 minutes ago, Palazzo said:

How much damage can you do running on 91?

Theoretically, none. The EMS should sense and detune accordingly.

Considering the seller has 9 1star reviews, all for communication and description, probably not a bad thing you missed out on it

• Haha 2

What could possibly go wrong?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Sammo said:

What could possibly go wrong?

I do like to live dangerously with my car purchases... 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Considering the seller has 9 1star reviews, all for communication and description, probably not a bad thing you missed out on it

Seems maybe this is the way the seller flogs off his undesirable/costly stock without tainting his business too much?

1 hour ago, Kees said:

Seems maybe this is the way the seller flogs off his undesirable/costly stock without tainting his business too much?

Probably to find a way around CGA by selling “privately” through TradeMe rather than off the yard. Pretty sketchy, and I think that approach has been tested in the tribunal before.

• Like 1

Thought I recognized the house in his other listings. It's the spot that hosted the influencer party during lockdown. 

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300434808/covid19-police-issue-six-infringement-notices-to-north-shore-partygoers

Probably a stand up member of society. 

• Like 2