Sign in to follow this  
Kees

Genuine AC-Schnitzer E39 540i?

Anyone reckon this is a genuine ACS car?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/540i/listing/3634543769 

Mirrors, skirts, bumpers, wing, handbrake & gear selector, pedals, strut brace and exhaust all ACS bits. Plus it has some BBS RKs on it too! 

It's a Hong Kong import which arrived in NZ in 2005 and got the plate "SN1TZA". Pretty cool car that deserves to be saved.

Not a bad price either imo. If it wasn't in Taranaki I would be quite interested. 

1321937744_ScreenShot2022-06-11at2_59_42PM.png.84dbd8ca9df22445da9beb6875cbb3d7.png

Ohh of course, another free listing day  on TradeMe .........I'm lost for words...........all dealer bolt on bits. Shame about the wheels a good set is worth more than the ask for car 😁

Edited by Bandit
  • Like 1

Had a set of mint BBS RKs in the same fitment sitting around for over a year that wouldnt sell for 1k. Ended up giving them away for like 700. Now worth moonbeams?

8 minutes ago, qube said:

Had a set of mint BBS RKs in the same fitment sitting around for over a year that wouldnt sell for 1k. Ended up giving them away for like 700. Now worth moonbeams?

Ah bugger, have a mate who's desperate for a set! Not really up to speed on how much they are worth but there's a set on ebay for over $3K NZD which seems insane. 

Edited by Kees

Perfect donor for a e36 v8 swap

Probably got the ACS suspension too - sway bars, springs and struts\shocks.  

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

Probably got the ACS suspension too - sway bars, springs and struts\shocks.  

Doubt it. Just a silhouette car. Not even motorsport seats. And wheels sets are worth just what someone wants to pay. 

With rising costs and Arrow Wheels, and Elite wheels ( in Christchurch) now charging $1600 plus to refurb and repair sets,   Apex and VMR direct out of the USA are a more cost efficent or economic option today. 

Ive seen a similar 540i in the past which did. Never truely now until you check.

Just bought this, I'll do a bit of investigating next weekend see what's what

• Like 1