Sign in to follow this  
Glacial Pace

Anyone want to talk me into/out of a 135i?

I reckon Sedona red probably looks better in the flesh.  Here's 156 photos of a Sedona red one :)  https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KYobMJ5w/2011-bmw-135i-coupe

Same with white leather as well probably.

Edited by GorGasm

Yes I agree. I think sedona red probably looks better than the trade me photos. 

Still not sold on the white leather interior though 😂

White interior does take some getting used to but once you have, it's epic, it elevates the class and opens the space, it feels quite special compared to black.

Yeah, black is dull, I think red looks great when it's in the right colour car (black or white). 

I'm not there on the white leather but I can see why people like it. 

On 6/13/2022 at 8:58 PM, Glacial Pace said:

16k will now get an ok auto car. If I could find a decent manual for under 20k I think I'd be doing well. 

This will be available soon. 2010 N54 Manual 135

Have M Performance Exhaust , OS Giken LSD , Downpipes ,Charge Pipe Intercooler etc plus M3 Seats and M3 Instrument cluster retrofit available as extra options. 
5BA2FC4A-CD0D-4F31-A254-66BFF2C46D06.thumb.jpeg.8b0128ede3f810527e5c044feb7c9082.jpeg51D95749-E639-4A9F-9C8F-75F095344A22.thumb.jpeg.5a418fd00f26ffc9dad334f38c1ee13e.jpeg

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, HELLBM said:

Have M Performance Exhaust , OS Giken LSD , Downpipes ,Charge Pipe Intercooler etc plus M3 Seats and M3 Instrument cluster retrofit available as extra options. 
5BA2FC4A-CD0D-4F31-A254-66BFF2C46D06.thumb.jpeg.8b0128ede3f810527e5c044feb7c9082.jpeg51D95749-E639-4A9F-9C8F-75F095344A22.thumb.jpeg.5a418fd00f26ffc9dad334f38c1ee13e.jpeg

Hmmm, maybe dm me some more details, I'm looking for relatively stock but interested to hear about it. 

@HELLBMhow much would you sell the LSD for? Looking for one for my 135i

11 hours ago, Glacial Pace said:

I'm not there on the white leather but I can see why people like it. 

It looks pimp when new, but the seats don't breathe and I get a sweaty lower back that turns them yellow'ish over time. 😝

• Haha 1

Installing an LSD should be the very first thing you do to a 135i.
It is a must have for any car you want to find the limits of.
A manual without an LSD IMO is pointless for such a nimble little car.

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

Installing an LSD should be the very first thing you do to a 135i.
It is a must have for any car you want to find the limits of.
A manual without an LSD IMO is pointless for such a nimble little car.

An LSD is one of the few mods that I would be keen to have.

2 hours ago, Glacial Pace said:

An LSD is one of the few mods that I would be keen to have.

Yeah I would factor one into your price.  They are not a cheap item for these cars though.
It will give you much more confidence in the control of the vehicle in the corners or during a intended or unintended slide.

19 hours ago, M3AN said:

White interior does take some getting used to but once you have, it's epic, it elevates the class and opens the space, it feels quite special compared to black.

White is nice, but depending on your lifestyle and vehicle use can mark and stain VERY easily.

Kids, dogs, DIYers and even new dark jeans wearers should probably avoid. Unless you have lots of detailing products and time to keep it clean.

wow a unicorn. I looked for a manual n55 for quite a while before getting the DCT. Was a die hard manual fan at the time coming from owning lots of Jap performance cars but the DCT converted me. had it 3 years with zero issues too which was a bonus

• Like 1

Haha that's a sweet package right there.

Downpipe, LSD, and tune and you got a pretty darn good package.  Creeping to M235i money but that would need an LSD too.

Edited by GorGasm

What's up with the $3000 "registration fees"?

Clean Car Scheme fees due to CO2 emission maybe..? Has to be paid before it can be registered.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Blackie said:

This has just come up. Looks okay. 2010, white, manual, N54, red seats and interior details.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/135i/listing/3657439631

looks immaculate from the photos, and sounds like it was well taken care of

Indeed, and it has a nice bunch of BMWP bits... sharp option, worth considering.

On 6/15/2022 at 7:39 AM, HELLBM said:

wouldn't mind those front floor mats for my 130i

On 6/28/2022 at 6:33 PM, Blackie said:

This has just come up. Looks okay. 2010, white, manual, N54, red seats and interior details.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/135i/listing/3657439631

I did see this one, it looks nice, but I think I'm going to let the market settle a little with the recent interest rate changes. I think we might see a bit of a pull back, and if we do then maybe an m3 would be attainable.

13 minutes ago, Glacial Pace said:

I did see this one, it looks nice, but I think I'm going to let the market settle a little with the recent interest rate changes. I think we might see a bit of a pull back, and if we do then maybe an m3 would be attainable.

Probably sensible if you are not in a rush.

Not in a rush at all. 

Unfortunately my wife wrote off our main car a few weeks ago so I've had to get a replacement for that. I have found one and it's on the way to us now so at least we will have something to get around in. 

This search can be a longish term thing. 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 8:16 PM, ciderbeard said:

wouldn't mind those front floor mats for my 130i

what's wrong with the velour ones? those JDM specials are horrid 🤮

• Like 1