Sign in to follow this  
Leonard

2015 M235i stance

All,

In my opinion, the M235i could really use a wider set of wheels to give it a bit more of an angry 'look'. It's never going to be an M2, but still. There are online examples of 12/15 mm spacers (BMS come to mind) being used to address this but with certification questions applicable here in NZ, I'm staying away.

The look that has caught my eye is this example: https://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1278890

Then, playing around on: https://www.willtheyfit.com/

I've come up with something like this: Rim size, Front 8.5 inch x 18 ET:35, Rear 9 inch x 18 ET:35, running a 235/40 F and 255/35 R.

For comparison, I've believe 'standard' size is: Front 7.5 x 18 ET:45, Rear 8 x 18 ET:52, with MPSS F 225/40 and R 245/35 (my current setup)

Happy to take feedback on the thinking and suggestions on what pricing might look like plus who are the good guys to talk to about making it happen (if pricing doesn't get too silly of course). With my current MPSS still having good life remaining, one option might be too keep those for the time being and only swap out the wheels. Not sure if the rear 245 will work on the 9 inch or whether that'll have to come back to 8.5.

Leonard

Edited by Leonard

I have a set of wheels listed for sale here:

I have run the same spec wheels (not these exact wheels) on my previous M135i without spacers and it was a huge improvement over the standard 7.5/8 wheels. 

These wheels can run the size you are wanting (235/40 and 255/35) without any fitment issues as far as I know. They will also work well to transfer over your exist 225/40 and 245/35 until you use up the MPSS.

The fronts will fit very nicely, the rears could do with a 10mm spacer but still looks much better than stock.

Finding flush fitting wheels that sit on the guard will prove difficult unless you are willing to spend some serious coin ($3-4000?) for a set of wheels to be imported from overseas like APEX or similar.