Sign in to follow this  
adro

[SOLD] FS: E30 325i 1990

AVP_0960

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3648986027?bof=IrBZy8fb

Specs

NZ New 1990 E30 325i sedan

Over the last 6 years of ownership I have done the following:

(when i say 'new' they obviously aren't new now, however has not done many km's also in that 6 years)

Driveline:

Manual conversion using a Getrag 260, new guibo, input/output seals and spigot bearing, new master and slave cylinder, braided clutch line, new reservoir.

New Trans mounts

Rebuilt driveshaft (new U joints) and new hanger bearing and bushing

LSD 3.73 with a powerflex diff bush

UUC short shifter with a garagistic DSSR linkage

Suspension:

Koni adjustable dampening shocks all round matched with H&R sport springs and E90 top hats, meyle HD sway bar links and meyle HD rear shock mounts

Lemforder M3 LCA bushings to dial out a bit of negative camber from the lowering springs at the front.

Brakes:

Rotors have a bit of a lip so these will need to be done sooner rather than later.

Stainless steel braided lines fitted, otherwise factory.

Engine:

Stock M20b25. General maintenance on the engine. I've replaced the injectors with newer Bosch ones Part#: 13-64-1-468-812-M14

New leads, distributor & rotor, spark plugs, oil pan gasket (starting to weep already) Replaced all the cooling hoses and expansion tank (still running factory radiator) New fuel pressure regulator. Has a chip in the ECU tuned for 95 petrol. Valve cover gasket and those little half moons replaced. Fuel pump and fuel filter (and hoses) replaced with proper VDO unit.

General:

Boot seal replaced, New taillight gaskets, aerial + grommet, 3.5mm jack into headunit via RCA inputs wired under the console and coming out at the ash tray. Cup holders, BMW exhaust tips (these cars came with raw pipes sticking out the back) , 370mm Mtech II steering wheel, clutch stop to take the slack out of the clutch throw. 4 x BMW style 5 basket weaves (spare is still a 14" bottle cap). Working aircon, converted to R134A gas (professionally by previous owner) had it re-gassed and leak tested before summer and its working great. These cars really benefit from aircon as they are such a glass house with the big windows.

I didn't want to tart this car up too much with Msport parts, the steering wheel was the exception as it's a smaller diameter and actually makes a big difference to the driving feel. 

It has a few super market dings which i have tried to capture in these extrra photos here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tSb5xwbN8d2KFEdf4KrPNe3rF_AtnJHF?usp=sharing

The steering rack will need some attention at some point as WOF man said it has a bit of play. Tyres still have reasonable life left in them at around 4.5mm

Edited by adro
  • Like 14
  • Sad 2

Lordy, lordy, that's a nice car. GLWS.

• Like 2

Have not seen your E30 in a long time. Looking very sharp, you've done a great job on it. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 10:50 PM, e30ftw said:

Have not seen your E30 in a long time. Looking very sharp, you've done a great job on it. 

Thanks John, been a while eh!

I have seen this car in the flesh & had it on my hoist, for the manual trans Cert, the photos dont do it justice, Fantastic car & some one will get a very well sorted E30!!

• Like 1