Sign in to follow this  
Kees

NZ New E39 540i, Factory 6MT

Just spotted this:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/540i/listing/3699135437

Have not seen a factory manual E39 540i for sale in ages, let alone an NZ New one! 

Anyone know how many came to NZ? Less than 20 E34 540i/6s came to NZ so I'm guessing even less for E39...

Wonder what the reserve is.... 

Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 10.37.27 PM.png

• Like 2

Wonder if its the same car as @Kiwi_BMW posted a photo of in a thread in 2016. Clear indicators and different wheels the only difference. Although top car looks almost inky blue whereas trademe one is clearly black, may just be lighting. 

179031073_ScreenShot2022-07-26at10_47_09PM.thumb.png.fd706065aed188f6ab6936ccd6973f84.png1144490682_ScreenShot2022-07-26at10_47_02PM.thumb.png.54ccb938aa177fff79a189f7dba52be8.png

I hope it’s the same car. One E39 with that hideous boot spoiler is already one too many. 

• Haha 5

I like the ACS kit, spoiler included 

Nice car gross wheels. Heaps of what people around here put on their cars is ugly, at least that kit sans wheels is all congruous, dealer-fitted ACS. There were a number of these 6 speeds fitted with S5 enhancements, I'm sure someone here can say how many.

Will certainly need large cash injection to sort. This guy's definition of 'Real tidy' probably doesn't meet many peoples standards.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Eagle said:

Will certainly need large cash injection to sort. This guy's definition of 'Real tidy' probably doesn't meet many peoples standards.

Agree - the manual tax is hitting hard here...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Antallica said:

But does the phone still work...

Deal breaker for me 

• Haha 2

Spotted it on Facebook, seller wants 15K for it, so the reserve cant be far off on TM.

Edited by KwS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KwS said:

Spotted it on Facebook, seller wants 15K for it, so the reserve cant be far off on TM.

Considering the price of a full manual conversion is nearing about 10K now, I don't think it's horrendously priced at 15K. 

On 7/26/2022 at 10:51 PM, Kees said:

Wonder if its the same car as @Kiwi_BMW posted a photo of in a thread in 2016. Clear indicators and different wheels the only difference. Although top car looks almost inky blue whereas trademe one is clearly black, may just be lighting. 

179031073_ScreenShot2022-07-26at10_47_09PM.thumb.png.fd706065aed188f6ab6936ccd6973f84.png1144490682_ScreenShot2022-07-26at10_47_02PM.thumb.png.54ccb938aa177fff79a189f7dba52be8.png

No not the same vehicle, I still own the one I posted about in 2016, and posted about it here also

540is getting a refresh - Showroom - bimmersport.co.nz

I'm still looking for a set of staggered ACS type III 18's.

The other 540is has been sold and I'm told now resides in ChCh, so I'm told, will try and arrange a photo shoot when I'm next in ChCh

Recently have been working on a E60 530i and have done a bit of retrofitting to it, with the aim to do a engine conversion, and end up with a unique E60 in NZ.

Edited by Kiwi_BMW
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, jon dee said:

Fecking nice car tho !!!!!!

Yep but I still prefer mine...lol, at that price I'd rather spend a bit more and have a M5

Edited by Kiwi_BMW
  • Like 3

On 8/22/2022 at 1:26 PM, jon dee said:

Fecking nice car tho !!!!!!

Another thing I noticed about that 540i, it also has a NZ bootlid, that probably happened with the respray.

23 minutes ago, Kiwi_BMW said:

Another thing I noticed about that 540i, it also has a NZ bootlid, that probably happened with the respray.

I'll bite.... what is an NZ bootlid?

48 minutes ago, topnotchrally said:

Euro-sized plate cutout instead of a Japanese-sized plate AFAIK

• Like 2

On 8/25/2022 at 7:23 AM, topnotchrally said:

maxresdefault.jpg

vs

cool-car-for-sale-20-49_1600x0w.jpg

44 minutes ago, qube said:

maxresdefault.jpg

vs

cool-car-for-sale-20-49_1600x0w.jpg

Yep, ok, thanks, but I would call that a 'euro' boot lid, no?  Only because it's not made for NZ, it's made for Europe. It happens to suit NZ.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topnotchrally said:

Yep, ok, thanks, but I would call that a 'euro' boot lid, no?  Only because it's not made for NZ, it's made for Europe. It happens to suit NZ.

correct, because nz has now adoped the "euro" plates, and the previous "NZ" plates fit fine on the non euro bootlids