Sign in to follow this  
iShimy

F22 M235i 19” Wheel size and ride. Is it good or bad?

I contacted VMR in America for a set of wheels. They said the following will fit perfectly with the OEM setup. I would like to know with our NZ roads, me living in Ardmore driving to the city 2/3 times a week how good / bad is it? Here is the blueberry from VMR,

“ Thank you for your interest in VMR Wheels. I see that you are interested in a set of 19" V710's in Satin Bronze for your 2016 BMW M235i. The recommended fitment for your car is going to be 19x8.5 ET43 in the front with a 235/35/19 tire and 19x9.5 ET50 in the rear with a 255/30/19. Some have squeezed a 265/30/19, but I can't guarantee a rub free bolt on fitment. This is based on stock to mildly lowered ride height. 

I'll leave some detailed pricing information below based on the recommended fitment for your car. If you have any further questions or concerns, or if you'd like to place an order, feel free to reply to this email or call me directly at 714-442-7916 x108

2x VMR Wheels V710 19x8.5 ET43 5x120 72.6 $455
2x VMR Wheels V710 19x9.5 ET50 5x120 72.6 $455
Shipping to NZD: $399
Total Shipped: $2219 USD + applicable duties

- 4-5 week lead time for Satin Bronze powder coat finish“

That isn't a lot of sidewall TBH and would probably want to be lowered for 19's to look good on an F22.

I would go 18's - they look good on the chassis.

$4250ish NZD inc duties plus tyres 🤔

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 5.15.48 PM.png

Depends on your definition of “good or bad” I much prefer a ride that is on the stiff side, whereas others might prefer soft and wallowy.

Will it be a hard ride? Most probably.. What are you running now? If you are moving from factory 18s to 19s it will be a bit harder, but not to the point of unbearable if you don’t mind it currently. After a few 1000 kms I doubt you would remember the difference.

Disclaimer: provided all other things remain equal and wheels are approx same weight.