Sign in to follow this  
User Name

E28 - Advise to get rid of mouse urine smell

Long story short, i moved my car to the front of my property a few weeks ago and didn't think to myself i should check the cover for the fuel tank in the boot after it moved (tank has been out for awhile but i only had one screw in the cover and flooring + parts on top of it) find out cover had slightly moved and 4 homes were built inside the car.

It had all original interior in good condition, So far it seems only the backseat + parcel tray have taken the piss hit and some damage (only 1 wire so far from my speakers)

Any thoughts on how to get rid of the smell? cause i know finding a good e28 interior isn't easy anymore or do i just have to bite the bullet if i can't get the smell out.

Thank you ahead for any advise, its okay to laugh at my pain but not the car its been through enough haha

Edited by User Name
Update spelling

Wet and dry vac - hire a rug Dr with the upholstery attachment, they have a range of treatment sprays - all seem to work as described. My biggest weapon for any smell is the ozone generator - I bought one off TM a couple of years ago and it has been used on all sorts from cat piss to stopping the garage smelling like the neighbours wet scrub fire. 

• Like 2

Parcel tray should be simple enough - backseat may be a bit more fun if its soaked through the foam.

I would pull it out, shampoo and rinse it through then dry in the sun for a day or so.

If need be the ozone generators are what car yards use to get 'integrated' aromas out

• Like 1

Maybe try those Pet urine enzyme cleaner/deoduoriser with the dry/wet vax? Was working great when my dog had an oppsy in the house.

Edited by Cannabis9478
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for advise so far.
I have done an initial clean on backseat as a test with some pet cleaner and used a old steam gun with nozzle i had laying around. Definitely has helped remove the intense smell, but does look like i will need to do some research on Ozone Generator and do some more cleaning/steaming to get it sorted enough to suffice for now

Do think i need i will need change some of the interior out when i am feeling rich or hope someone might have one to part out with in the future (Is it a good thing or bad thing E28's are now worth more than 15 years...Yes if your selling not if your buying or wanting parts haha)

Thanks again, hopefully i get this sorted and maybe next year the cars engine might get some love (been saying that for a long time now haha)

Like Jacko suggested, the little green is fantastic. Use it all the time and am about to buy the larger version for the house and dedicate the green machine to the garage. I don't bother with the Bissell shampoo, opting for either sugar soap or rug Dr carpet shampoo. Final advice if you go the carpet cleaner route is use hot water.