Sign in to follow this  
Twistee

Car disposal services in Auckland

I have an old lancer that is rusted to the core and has been sitting in storage for years, I need to get rid of this beast as it just takes up space and storage is not free. My question is has anyone has an issue free car disposal experience in Auckland? Currently the car is registered with a personalised plate, I will be swapping the plate to a normal one and then deregistering the car as it is strictly a parts bin and will never go back on the road. It would seem that every car disposal / wrecker has a pile of questionable reviews (which I take with grain of salt), so if anyone has any recommendations that would be great. 

Cheers.

I have cut up a few with a reciprocating saw and taken them to the scrappy myself, it's a bit of work but quite satisfying! 

I can fit half of an E21 on my trailer.... 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tempting, but I have been offered cash from a wrecker that will do a collection service - so that may be the best option. Highly doubt the storage yard would like me hacking up a car on site unfortunately. 

Usually if its largely intact they will collect it for free. 

4 hours ago, aja540i said:

I have cut up a few with a reciprocating saw and taken them to the scrappy myself, it's a bit of work but quite satisfying! 

I can fit half of an E21 on my trailer.... 😉 

Agreed. Got a whole E39 on my fathers tandem and managed to recycle\sell the rest.

I'd just call Pick A Part and have then pick it up. I believe they will pay you for it.

I had my non-functional 318 picked up, bear in mind this was 7 years ago now, but I believe the company I used was https://a1carremoval.co.nz

I filled in their web form on a Sunday morning, got a phone call from them about 45 minutes later. Asked a few questions and gave me an indicative cash figure over the phone. 

They arrived an hour later, looked the car over and confirmed they'd pay slightly more than they said on the phone. 

Took the license plates off, loaded the car on the truck, gave me the cash and all done.

As I said, 7 years ago, so who knows if it's the same now, but was a great experience from my perspective.

• Thanks 1