Sign in to follow this  
drifty325i

Need good tyres, tyre gurus plz

So ive got some very rare and expensive 16x7.5 inch mags on there way, will let you no what they are in good time hehe.

But i need some really good tires for them, pref 215s or 225/40/16s. And need to be ultra high performance

Whats the best size and look for 16s? dont want a balloon tire. needs to look agressive if you no what i mean.

Ive had toyo t1rs on my 17s and they were an awesome tire, very temped to go back to them. But im open to ideas ?

I've run T1S in a 225/45 on 16's, good size, fills the guards without being balloons.

Some Dunlop DZ101's could be the go, Jimocles could probably hook you up.

215/40ZR16 913

225/40ZR16 900

Good size?

205/45ZR16 894 revs per mile

225/45ZR16 868

Edited by drifty325i

I've run T1S in a 225/45 on 16's, good size, fills the guards without being balloons.

Some Dunlop DZ101's could be the go, Jimocles could probably hook you up.

Never driven on the Dunlop 101's before mmmmm

225/45R16 is what you want, (same overall dia as stock) rare size though. Toyo T1R would be my choice in that size. A539 comes in that size too but is ridiculously priced, $300 a tyre or something outrageous. I keep hearing good things about GSD3's, they only come in 205/50R16 which is a shame, will be a tad stretched on a 7.5" rim. Similar story with DZ101, you'll have to choose between 215/50 or 215/45

(205/50R16 available for pretty much any tyre)

Edited by Mike

So ive got some very rare and expensive 16x7.5 inch mags on there way, will let you no what they are in good time hehe.

But i need some really good tires for them, pref 215s or 225/40/16s. And need to be ultra high performance

Whats the best size and look for 16s? dont want a balloon tire. needs to look agressive if you no what i mean.

Ive had toyo t1rs on my 17s and they were an awesome tire, very temped to go back to them. But im open to ideas ?

Go Good Year F1 Eagle GS D3, I recon they offer a smooth ride and handle well on the road in wet and dry.

I have had Michelins, Pirellli's and honestly these are great tyres for what they are worth - $260/$300 tyre.

They are great looking low profiles, great tread and are made in Germany.

Check this link out:

http://www.tirerack.com/survey/SurveyComme...=Eagle+F1+GS-D3

BBS RS you pimp

mmmmm not quite that rare, prob the second best mags for e30s tho :rolleyes:

G'day, flick me an email on james_hildreth@sptyres.co.nz

and we'll look after you, we make the GSD and the DZ101 so got those ones covered

Sweet will do mate cheers

All the tyres mentioned Dunlop, Toyo etc are "mid range tyres" if you want seriously sticky and are prepared to pay step up to Pirelli or Michellin but be prepared to pay $400 plus per tyre.

Looked at Toyo for my Truck , went Bridgestone instead - same price same stick longer lasting and better weight capacity. 215-65-15 size

My budget prob cant stretch to 400 a tire, Ill have to save a we bit more lol

alpinas?

Nope close tho, rarer than alpinas in the UK but not here. Better looking imo :rolleyes:

I'm assuming that you only want the tyres for road use and not high speed work.

Buy the best tyres you can. If Jimocles is offering a good deal, go with whatever he can offer.

I'm assuming that you only want the tyres for road use and not high speed work.

Buy the best tyres you can. If Jimocles is offering a good deal, go with whatever he can offer.

Sounds good to me Cain

This is what ive just brought :rolleyes: always always loved these mags, ASC type 1s. Pretty rare and look dam good on e30s purrrrrfect offset to.

And the yellow car has the same ACS front as mine.

post-204-1169950535_thumb.jpg

post-204-1169950560_thumb.jpg

post-204-1169950602_thumb.jpg

post-204-1169950653_thumb.jpg

They look very nice. Well done

Cheers they should look awesome when im done :rolleyes: And they are original ACS not aftermarket

mint. can't wait to see your car finished a.

Guess what we are dummy fitting the v8 this arvo hehe