Sign in to follow this  
basildogz

any twin turbo available for e46 coupe

hi guys. i was wondering if anyone has released a twin turbo for the e46 coupe yet?

since the release of the 335ci (twin turbo) i was thinking there will be alot of companies out there that will copy cat the twin turbo design and have them ready for other bmws

so hit me back if any of you guys hear anything about twin turbo packages for bmw e46 coupes.

my ride:

328ci

black

manual

e46

Bayeris Motoren Werks FOR LIFE :D

hi guys. i was wondering if anyone has released a twin turbo for the e46 coupe yet?

since the release of the 335ci (twin turbo) i was thinking there will be alot of companies out there that will copy cat the twin turbo design and have them ready for other bmws

so hit me back if any of you guys hear anything about twin turbo packages for bmw e46 coupes.

my ride:

328ci

black

manual

e46

Bayeris Motoren Werks FOR LIFE :D

Im not really sure if tunning companies would actually want to bring out TT kits for E46s or any other older models...Im sure you can get something out there...but all as custom jobs I suspect...

Since the 3 series uses are whole new line up of engines...it is very unlikely the new kits will fit unless custom job is done...

I havent seen many turbocharged BIMMERs but with a lot of Jap cars...from NA to turbocharged...you would be looking at more than the cost of a turbo, intercooler, custom fabrication, blow off valve, possible wastegate etc...

You would be looking at added costs for larger juice pump, larger juice squirters, adjusments to the engine for lower compression...this is because with a turbocharged car, have lower compression ratio to allow more juice and air to mix for maximum combustion etc etc...so you would be looking at a very high cost...natually with a already packed 200 ponies on your rear treads...consider ECU for a better engine background...just a smoother power curve, intake/exhaust upgrades should all be beneficial~ and more realistic sort of upgrade...but you really want a TT setup...you might as well donk in a RB26DETT for the best results :D

^^ learn some more before recommending jappa engines in a BMW

supercharging seems pretty popular for the m52 (or is it m54??)

the only prob with turbo is being RHD, there really is bugger all room in that area

and even if they did, as with all pre build turbo kits...$$$$$

keep an eye out, there may be something out there

making the stock system fit from the 335 would prob be more difficult than making a custom way...the turbos on it are tiny anyway...the manifold might fit, but all the wiring, wastegates etc would be a pain in the ass

my head hurts just thinking about it!

it realy depends if you want to buy "off the shelf"

or get your hands dirt and do it yourself?

your welcome to check out what ive got. to give you an idea what a 'home made'

would look like

it realy depends if you want to buy "off the shelf"

or get your hands dirt and do it yourself?

your welcome to check out what ive got. to give you an idea what a 'home made'

would look like

It seems most high horsepower jappas eg rx7 gtr ditch the twin turbo setup for a single if you want to get serious

but the idea is cool i would like to single turbo my car but it mite be a big headache and cost. good score getting a 46 manual in black i would like that!

Posted Image

You can gauge an idea of what is really involved by looking at what is included in a 350Z turbo kit.

Usually you need Turbo,manifolds,intercooler,piping,brackets for various things that need to be moved,high flow fuel pump,bigger injectrors, chip for ecu or piggy back computer to control it all.Of course the turbo/and wastegate and to make sure the exhaust is big enough to allow decent flow.

and all that is just for a stock engine where you may only be able to run 10psi of boost anyway. depending on compression.

at this stage it is also likely something will fail sooner than usuall unless extra care is taken with regards to maintenance and proper service work.

This is perhaps why supercharger kits for BM's seem popular due to the fact that a supercharger simply does not need so much extra equipement added. things like intercoolers and replaceing exhaust components may not be required. But either way a custom job $$$$$$$ and a decent kit is $$$$$$$$$

THen you bring me to the exact reason that makes me think Drifty 340i is onto a winner with his v8 swap. Cheap Easy reliable horsepower.( while recogising the huge work that has gone into it)

Edited by Jimmy

Hi there,

I know that K-Conversions do a variaty of turbo kits and conversion kits for BMWs. I have an E36 with a 2JZ-GTE 3000cc twinturbo supra engine in it (installed by K-Conversions). Maybe ask them.

Kish