Sign in to follow this  
trev0006

1700 Watt Car Stereo

That uses around 123 amps @ 13.8V, so I hope they fitted a 2nd alternator and a 2nd battery :-)

EARTHQUAKE! That's extremely cool.

That uses around 123 amps @ 13.8V, so I hope they fitted a 2nd alternator and a 2nd battery :-)

Jochen, what do you know about alternators. I've got the 120a one on my 540 and will need about 60a for the stereo at normal to high listening levels. I've read there's a watercooled 150a factory alternator but will I need it?? Battery is a din92 (or is it din 95 ? ), so that should be able to handle it and if not I'll find another battery solution.

Surely this is meant to be 17000 watts?

At 123a it would be 1,700 watts.

17,000 would be an absolute sh!te load of current draw

Jochen, what do you know about alternators. I've got the 120a one on my 540 and will need about 60a for the stereo at normal to high listening levels. I've read there's a watercooled 150a factory alternator but will I need it?? Battery is a din92 (or is it din 95 ? ), so that should be able to handle it and if not I'll find another battery solution.

At 123a it would be 1,700 watts.

17,000 would be an absolute sh!te load of current draw

Indeed - just thought that it might be a more noteworthy number than 1700 watts, which does not sound huge. Jonah's Patrol had something like 10,000 watts (RMS) of amplifiers in it.