Sign in to follow this  
roscoe

Fibre Glassing

Anyone got tips on fibre glassing and where to buy Resins and fibre sheets from i wanna start making moulds , i really wanna get my hands on a splitter for a e36 m3 bumper, who was the person fibre glassing? i remember reading a topic

post-6-1086481838.jpg

resin n matting can be brought from lots of places..usually glass pool makers and bodykit places will sell you the products..you also need some hardener for the resin to make it set (usually an organic peroxide),

as for making moulds..you need some gel coat and releasing agent..first so your glass product looks nice when it it taken out of the mould..and second so it comes out of the mould at all..lol

be aware that fiberglass stuff takes time to get fitting right...ive never had one yet that just fitted up perfect(personally i think its a myth)

also preform all work in a small enclosed place...dam that be some fun fumes..weeeheee..

the bumper you pictures has 4 different components..main bumper,lower full lip and 2 end splitters...(they retail for $200 each from a $tealer..dammmm!!)

if you find some end splitters to copy get in touch..im trying to find some cheap ones myself...

Can anyone say BIMMERSPORT BRAND kits?

All we need now is a starving workforce in china.. Anyone got one?

My Bumper you can c it fibre glass it smashed up it is in cascade auto finish getting painted :P my mate reverse into it i got pictures i get soon i re fibre glassed it myself using super cheap fibre glass did a gud job is well

post-6-1086672897.jpg