Sign in to follow this  
_BRS_

e30 320i electrical problems

Hey guys, after completing the manual conversion on my e30 i have run into a few electrical problems

First off

When i turn the ignition on i have air con, but as soon as i turn the key to start the engine it stops and never goes on once the engine is running,

Second off

This is also happening with the window electrics, the windows work with doors closed with the ignition on but as soon as i turn the key it to start the engine they don't work, so if i want to put my windows down while driving i have to open the door to make them work.

And thirdly

After doing the manual conversion my speedo doesn't click over correctly, it clicks over but at about half the speed it should do, eg every 10km i drive it clicks over 5km etc

So if anyone knows any ways of solving my little annoying problems help would be great

cheers

Blair

How did you get around the auto inhibitor switch?? Sounds to me like most, if not all of the problems have been caused by improvised wiring rather than removing the inhibitor switch wiring loom properly.

First two problems will relate to the "unloader relay" not activated. Look for a wire off at the starter motor.

Speedo - How does the road speed relate to speedo reading?

Did you change the diff? If so - what speedo pick-up is in it?

I did the wiring on the inhibitor switch and its exactly the same as the wiring i did on mine and i dont have any problems... in saying that my electric mirrors stopped working since my engine and manual conversion. I think you might be onto something with the unloader relay as there are only 2 points on his starter motor for the starter motor wires we will have a look.

Luke