Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Cranks

about as long as an e30 LSD....but im looking for the forged crank from either a 324d, 324td, 524d and 524td...any leads on these would be much appreciated. i have no idea what is available so im just seeing whats out there

PM me or email angus@bimmersport.co.nz

thanks

yep sure did....if i do end up doing the build i may as well do it properly....i havent tried anywhere yet....its out of the turbo and NA diesel 2.4's...although it might be 2.5....cant be f**ked looking now but its the same as the eta crank i think

could u just get like ETA crank and get it lightened?

i assume u turboing your M20, cause no point getting forged for N/A engine

the amount of time/effort/money u gonna spend turboing your M20B25

u probably be better of sourcing an SR20 or RB25 motor from nissan and just find a drivershaft or modify the driveshaft to make it all work.

just bore it out to 2.7L and leave it N/A

u got enough torque and just work the suspension etc to get a nice balanced car. No need for 600hp monster for road hah

M3 S14 is good for 300-350 N/A but thats got a dohc head

u got like SOHC but u can have 2.7L displacement with sh*t load of torque

or get M30B35 off old 635 and u will have really fast straight line car

IMHO anything u planning to do, will cost u $10k, if u do the labour yourself u could half that figure

Andrew spend $xxxxx.xx just to get stock OEM components replaced and some minor performance mods like port/polish and lightening of crank and fly plus the M20B23 head

ive already got an eta crank...i want a forged one for whenever i do a rebuild, so that the engine can rev.....i know that i dont NEED one.....but i do want one. i dont want SR20 or RB power......affects resale too much....and it requires a lot of butchering....a swap like that would have been something i wouldnt mind doing on my old car, but not the new one. and i know what andrew did......i kinda see him daily. my aim will either be 2.5 turbo, or 2.7 high compression.....i know the 2.7 is not the cheapest or most worthwhile.....but its my money isnt it?

Guest Andrew

have u considered M30 setup?

that motor is quite a bit heavier. It would also be a shame to rip into a very nice M325i to put that motor in also.

I don't think an SR 20 swap or sa 1JZ swap would run cheaper or get more power than a well done turbo m20. They will leave more options for "easy" power mods though.

I'm going to stick to the turbo project. Yeah I spent around 3500 on the motor for my car for the 323 (500 bucks to buy Glenn's whole M20 B23 and another 500 to do all the mods and rebuild the head) head with uprated valve springs, con rod + crank + flywheel lightening and balancing. New pistons and bearings + oil pump. - and the rest of the money was virtually new everything in the car + Bilstien sports. But it was worth it. The throttle response is great - and low down torque owns any other 2.5 with still the good top end.

For now I'm going to chuck in a chip of some tune-able kind - collect turbo peices. But I want to finish the cosmetic stuff in Jan - It goes against my performance before looks thing, but damn Gus' Mtech1 is sexy and I want to put my Mtech1 on hah.