Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Official Dynavin E46 Thread.

imo v4's are better than v5 but then again I have the v4, install is easy plug and play, i grabbed the aircon relocation frame to move the controls down to where the sunglass holder is. One thing to watch out for is once you have the unit in make sure you ground the actual unit to a solid earth or you can get noise interference.

imo v4's are better than v5 but then again I have the v4, install is easy plug and play, i grabbed the aircon relocation frame to move the controls down to where the sunglass holder is. One thing to watch out for is once you have the unit in make sure you ground the actual unit to a solid earth or you can get noise interference.

Thanks M-spec.

Just saw this....

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.ph...35#post12265435

Prefer V5 now.....

For those that have the Dynavin unit Primo 1.2 is out , Has been out sin mid Feb i think but i am just slow on the uptake lol, Have it running now and seems to be fine. I have also put in the latest maps which are Whereis R7 Q1 2011 and also updated speed cams.

The skins for 1.1 will not work with 1.2 but meh I dont mind the new version.

edit : There is also a new updated poi for nz as well

Edited by M-Spec

For anybody that is interested Dynavin has put out a limited run to gauge the interest I would say in an android version. Looks pretty interesting and I would consider upgrading possibly. Quite a few pics and discussion here.

>.Android dynavin<<

For anybody that is interested Dynavin has put out a limited run to gauge the interest I would say in an android version. Looks pretty interesting and I would consider upgrading possibly. Quite a few pics and discussion here.

>.Android dynavin<<

I am getting a pre-release model next week, but the production ETA will be in July

I too recommend Renming and the Dynavin systems. The E83 X3 version has slightly less functions but looks like the part and Renming's support is great. Just got to convince the wife she NEEDS one in her E46!

im just waiting on the DVB-T tuner confirmation!

im just waiting on the DVB-T tuner confirmation!

There is a delay on the shippment for the DVB-T tuner. I will post up the result as soon as it is tested. Will also upload some picutures later.

Hey guys has anyone tried installing the dynavin onto a e38 ? if so could you point me to the right direction?

Reading through the 6 pages i understand that the steering control work, but does this dynavin also connect to the bmw computer to show the consumption and other stuff on the screen?

Cheers.

Hey guys has anyone tried installing the dynavin onto a e38 ? if so could you point me to the right direction?

Reading through the 6 pages i understand that the steering control work, but does this dynavin also connect to the bmw computer to show the consumption and other stuff on the screen?

Cheers.

No it wont give you the OBC functions, do you have a factory monitor setup or a standard MID/Radio? if you have factory monitor i wouldn't even consider replacing it with this unit (even if it does work in a E38 which i'm not 100% sure it does).

No it wont give you the OBC functions, do you have a factory monitor setup or a standard MID/Radio? if you have factory monitor i wouldn't even consider replacing it with this unit (even if it does work in a E38 which i'm not 100% sure it does).

Ah yes it comes with a widescreen nav monitor.

Ok now my second query:

I want bluetooth functionality. I have checked already my car is not prewired for telephone.

I am reading about these Sirius and Dice kits that let you integrate ipod BT and other stuff to your factory computer to have all of them in that BMW screen along with the usual functions.

Do you know anyone in NZ who does these, or has anyone successfully hooked them up? surely there would be a few people out there.

PS. Not that i have not considered a parrot system a tomtom gps with bluetooth but i just want everthing in one piece rather than bits an pieces hanging out.

Ah yes it comes with a widescreen nav monitor.

Ok now my second query:

ive got a Dice Mediabridge 1500 (w/ Bluetooth)

Works well, has AUX, USB/IPOD and Bluetooth connection methods. Comes with a External mic that you mount for the handsfree. The unit itself i just have sitting in the glovebox.

Sound quality is good.

It is not the best thing in the world to navigate around, you are pretty much limited to Fwd/back track, answerphone and volume, unless you want to memorize some stupid button combination's (however this maybe better on a monitor setup i only have MID.

Firmware on this model is upgradeable.

Got mine from http://www.gadgets4u.co.nz/ the guys name is Richard he is really good to deal with.

If you want to see it working you can have a look at mine ... however I've got the standard stereo ... no monitor.

thanks heaps for the link Matt. Have already emailed Richard.

Do you have any pics of your setup? Do you know anything about the Sirius setup? that looks pretty flash too.

Cheers.

ive got a Dice Mediabridge 1500 (w/ Bluetooth)

Works well, has AUX, USB/IPOD and Bluetooth connection methods. Comes with a External mic that you mount for the handsfree. The unit itself i just have sitting in the glovebox.

Sound quality is good.

It is not the best thing in the world to navigate around, you are pretty much limited to Fwd/back track, answerphone and volume, unless you want to memorize some stupid button combination's (however this maybe better on a monitor setup i only have MID.

Firmware on this model is upgradeable.

Got mine from http://www.gadgets4u.co.nz/ the guys name is Richard he is really good to deal with.

If you want to see it working you can have a look at mine ... however I've got the standard stereo ... no monitor.

thanks heaps for the link Matt. Have already emailed Richard.

Do you have any pics of your setup? Do you know anything about the Sirius setup? that looks pretty flash too.

Cheers.

Sirius is for satellite radio and is a separate unit that can plug into the dice even if it does work here which I'm not sure it does you wouldn't get any NZ stations on it.

Here are some photos altho they don't really say much, the install is very easy, the hardest part (which isn't exactly hard) is running the lead from boot to glovebox where i have my unit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Matt45

Sirius is for satellite radio and is a separate unit that can plug into the dice even if it does work here which I'm not sure it does you wouldn't get any NZ stations on it.

Here are some photos altho they don't really say much, the install is very easy, the hardest part (which isn't exactly hard) is running the lead from boot to glovebox where i have my unit.

Nice post. Another question where do you place the external mic in the cockpit? does it come with enough wiring to be able take all the way to the front?

Nice post. Another question where do you place the external mic in the cockpit? does it come with enough wiring to be able take all the way to the front?

yea has heaps of wire could put it pretty much anywhere, i stuck it to the side of steering wheel column by the indicator stalk which isn't the most hidden of places but at the time i couldn't be bothered hiding it properly and never got round to changing it.

Sirius is for satellite radio and is a separate unit that can plug into the dice even if it does work here which I'm not sure it does you wouldn't get any NZ stations on it..................

I think Sirius Sat radio only works in the USA where they have Satellite coverage. Never seen it anywhere else. It is a great system although it is pay subscription. I have used it in rentals over there.