Sign in to follow this  
tHrEEtWoFiVe

Front Valance and Splitter??

Ok, Im getting ready to start some work on the body of my car. Nothing major (No mtec kit etc) What I would like to do is something with the front valance/splitter, BUT retain the euro chrome bumpers. Any ideas, what is actually available?. I notice on the US sites alot guys with the big ugly Bench seat bumper also run what I believe is a "IS" model valance /splitter, any idea if this is possible with the euro bumper and if so where can I get one? Is there any sites overseas that will ship here?

Thanks in advance for any sugestions. :D

Edited by tHrEEtWoFiVe

Theyre pricey. Theyd be purely for show tho.. i mean downforce is not something youd be getting at our crappy nz speeds - make sure you get enough clearance or youll scratch it and end up in a fit of rage. I hate that noise.

Dont those N1 kit guys have them>?

Someone on this board has a connection to a pilot who flies to the US a lot.. so you could buy it in the us, and he can bring it back (coz shipping would cost you retarded amounts.. daylight robbery..)

I think it was homy who has that contact in the US...

Edited by Dnz

Guest MSBOND

the whole front of mine is off another car, it got the iS valence. That wot you were thinking of?

post-8-1075509874.jpg

Guest Andrew

the whole front of mine is off another car, it got the iS valence. That wot you were thinking of?

thats the stock pre-face lift valance.. we all have it.

Guest Andrew

Ok, Ive changed my mind again. how about a Mtec 1 front valance/splitter. Any ideas. I know these things are hard to come by. :D

mtech1 is the best , agreesive old school kit. I LOVE IT

Im sorry, i have to do this. Intentional or not, it happened.

post-8-1075522852.jpg

Guest Streetspec_is

M-Tech1, or and Alpina front looks dope with our(euro) bumps!

Carshine over here have a few different styles too.

Edited by Streetspec_is

Guest MSBOND

bullshit its completely difrent, ive only seen one other bmw on the rd with it. All you guys without kits have the stock one with the horizontal splits in it.

bullshit its completely difrent, ive only seen one other bmw on the rd with it. All you guys without kits have the stock one with the horizontal splits in it.

Andrew is right.

Yours is the standard pre-facelift front valance. It is just been painted to match your paint colour.

They are normally black.

Facelift E30's have the front valance with the two horizontal splits in it.

Cheers

Guest Andrew

in fact, you have the 318 one.. the most basic one, with no brake duct holes. Thats what the horizontal splits are.

Its a little hard to see my brake ducts on this one.. its a dark pic. You can see the light shine through the left one a bit though.

ThreeTwoFive: I want Mtech1 so bad as well, try germany/england to be honest.

post-8-1076708828.jpg

did bmw make a 318is in the chrome bumper shape? i dont think ive ever seen one before. if your looking for a 318is front valance and moneys not an issue there around about $300 straight from bmw, but thats only for 88 onwards facelifts, with the plastic bumper.

even though they just pop on the bottom they make a hell of a lot of difference to how the car looks. if any one wants to go halves / thirds in one we could whip up some fibreglass replicas and split the cost... just a thought

what you mean the 318is valance? got any pics? im especially slow today so dumb it down a little.....i would prob be keen as i have a face lift...am missing the front lip too...

I just scored a genuine Racing Dynamics front bumper for my e36 for $170 out of the t&e, i thought was pretty fukn cheep after looking at the RD web catalog.....B.

did bmw make a 318is in the chrome bumper shape? i dont think ive ever seen one before. if your looking for a 318is front valance and moneys not an issue there around about $300 straight from bmw, but thats only for 88 onwards facelifts, with the plastic bumper.

even though they just pop on the bottom they make a hell of a lot of difference to how the car looks. if any one wants to go halves / thirds in one we could whip up some fibreglass replicas and split the cost... just a thought

they don't pop on pre-facelift

Just a thought, anyone tried to see what is available from the dealer. The other thing I was looking at is a 316 spoiler like the one in the pic. Im not fussy I just hate the standard one I have.

post-8-1076831850.jpg

yeah thats exactly what im looking for, something that clips straight on the the front valance...except for a facelift e30....where do u think i could get hold of one?

Edited by Gus

Dont hold your breath, but I may have a source to get one like this made. But the one in the pic is preface lift, (actually it looks exactly like mine except I got that god awful plastic lip thing on which I HATE.) Yours is facelift model , will this still fit. I think it will fit mine nicely, and looks to have a removable portion for oil cooler airflow.

Edited by tHrEEtWoFiVe

when u say the front valance from bmw being 300 is that the whole thing or just the little clip-on lip? the pre facelift and face lift seem a bit diff....my oil cooler air flow is in the valance itself not near the lip.....car looks looks stupid not having any lip at the mo....facelift e30s on the shore beware.....

right.....

now I have to watch my steering wheel, my exhaust, ...and now my front valance when Gus is around.

I am thinking that I will have to hire security guards :ph34r: to watch over my car at night at the Taupo Driver Training day, so no-one sneaks out in the middle of the night with their socket set!!!

its ok grant..got my own exhaust..should be on soon....now i only want your steering wheel and lip, and tims lsd...i have practiced the sub 15 min lsd swap..should be sweet....watch out tim :D

when u say the front valance from bmw being 300 is that the whole thing or just the little clip-on lip? the pre facelift and face lift seem a bit diff....my oil cooler air flow is in the valance itself not near the lip.....car looks looks stupid not having any lip at the mo....facelift e30s on the shore beware.....

the 318is valance is daylight robbery from bmw, its a small plastic lip that sticks on the front of ur car, on the body, not plastic bumper, right below your foglights/brake ducts. it is bigger (i.e. lower) than the normal item, and sweeps foward, making the chin more aggressive and look cool ands stuff. for 300 to 350 dollars. bastards.

if it helps think of it this way, without these extravagant costs, they couldnt make fantastic cars like the csl and so on. :blink: