Sign in to follow this  
Jeff E36

E36 Felony Form Build

This build is amazing!

Really along the lines of what I'd love to do with 328i E36 coupe. Really good to see this colour on one as it has been a dream of painting a car "audi nimbus grey" from some time but i haven't really owned a car in recent years that i have been willing to commit until recently when i bought my BM.

Very tasteful parts that really compliment the car, nothing seems over the top.

On a side note did you consider running a rocket bunny style rear ducktail wing?

This build is amazing!

Really along the lines of what I'd love to do with 328i E36 coupe. Really good to see this colour on one as it has been a dream of painting a car "audi nimbus grey" from some time but i haven't really owned a car in recent years that i have been willing to commit until recently when i bought my BM.

Very tasteful parts that really compliment the car, nothing seems over the top.

On a side note did you consider running a rocket bunny style rear ducktail wing?

Hey man thank you for the detailed feedback! Really glad to hear/know others do appreciate the build!

I definitely did consider the rocket bunny ducktail, and may even run one at some point in the build if cash/time allows - but I decided in going the LTW as I intentionally wanted something really loud and attention-grabbing - I sort've figured it just worked with the whole look and feel of the build!

UPDATES 24.04.2016

Been a little while again since my formal forum update (been craaaaaaazy busy) - but for those of you who have been following my social medial channels you'll probably be up to date on what the car looks like at the moment. For those who do not - here is your update!

Since the last photos, I've decided to run my old clear indicators as I felt the amber lights were a little too high contrast for me - I felt this new colour combo suited the car more, so after I popped them on I decided to take a few cheeky snaps here and there.

gallery_5219_629_233082.jpg

gallery_5219_629_377170.jpg

Being busy with other life stuff was putting me off working on the rear spoiler, however one of my best friends from high school got back in touch with me and reminded me he is a professional automotive painter. So without further delay, we tee'd up a weekend to get some work done on my LTW spoiler.

The LTW spoiler was cracked along the top panel and I hadn't had the time to get around to fixing it and painting it. So on an early Sunday morning my friend Quinton invited me to his workplace, a panel and paint shop to show me how it's done.

gallery_5219_629_51181.jpg

Watching a professional fill and bog panels/bodywork was awesome, really shows how amateur I am compared to someone like him. It was great to watch and learn how to best go about fixing things.

Next up was watching him mix up the paint - pretty incredible that a colour that normally appears as 'black' (cosmoschwartz black) actually has a whole bunch of other colours in the mix! Interesting to learn and see!

gallery_5219_629_152152.jpg

Next was to watch him prep, and then paint the 4 pieces of the LTW wing. It's great to show the kind of time, effort, and care painters go through to ensure a quality finish.

gallery_5219_629_158012.jpg

gallery_5219_629_293044.jpg

Quinton really did an outstanding job, couldn't have done anything remotely as impressive by myself! Big props to him and allowing us to use the workshop out of hours to get it done in a morning :)

The final product - 4 pc high rise LTW, painted, and mounted on the E36:

gallery_5219_629_333687.jpg

gallery_5219_629_318063.jpg

It has been incredible to say the least, to see my car being shared on various automotive social media channels around the world. The great feedback I continue to receive is what keeps me going!

Next on the list is I'm going to be looking in to making a custom rear diffuser to mount on the rear bumper ...

I'll leave you with a bonus pic of her from the weekend at a friends back yard garage. Watch the forums for a new build thread which will probably be popping up for my friends new E30 project ... it'll definitely be a crowd pleaser :D

gallery_5219_629_233945.jpg

As always, if you're interested in more immediate/day-to-day updates on the build, feel free to follow me on my social media channels as listed in my signature.

P.S. - I've recently launched my website for my photography work! Check it out if you are interested haha :) www.JWNZofficial.com

PEACE!
~Jeff
:)

Edited by Jeff E36
  • Like 3