Sign in to follow this  
Steve K-B

E28 rear hubs

Hi,

Im looking for the rear hub and inner flange off an E28. I need it to see if i can use them for my E36 compact so would take any condition at this stage.

Parts 1 and 5 in the link below.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=4062-EUR-09_1982_E28_BMW_520i&diagId=33_0170#33411129859

Thanks,

Steve

i might be able to help you out.

I have two sets of arms that need new bearings so will be what you are after.

Hi steve,

I looked into this for my E30 many years ago, and the problem if I recall was a conflict with the rear shock mount and the axle flange.

That is why I dropped the whole E28 back-end in my E30 (and the improve geometry of course).

There are a few pic's around the net of some dodgy workarounds to extend the rear shock mount further rearward (might have a pic/link at home).

The other option I thought of was making some custom drive flanges from a pair of old CV's, but given the state (and small diam.) of the splines of the ones I removed, it didn't seem like a wise choice.

[edit]

The other issue I just recalled was the wheel mounting side of things ended up a long way inboard, and would need thing spacers to mount even shallow offset rotors.

[/edit]

[edit]

Found this on some Swede/Finish forum years ago, NB they've also swapped over E32/34 diff mount to the E30 subframe, seems a bit OTT given the E28 Big Case housing bolts in...

100_0289.jpg

[/edit]

Edited by E30-323ti