Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bekker

opinions please

Recommended Posts

Hi folks

I'm after some thoughts on the look of these tyres on my E23.

The size is 225/50/16 which by my calculations keeps the gearing near identicle to stock.

I can't help but feel that the tyre looks too small. Or am I being nuts?

The ride height is stock.

What do you think?

Could go down to 15's but I like these wheels.

Cheers

WP_20160811_17_09_51_Pro.jpg

WP_20160811_17_10_06_Pro.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good IMHO.

Could do with a little more 'low' though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd go more on how it drives - wheels look fine --- you should see my X5 with Pirelli scorpions on 17 inch rims compared to the low profile 19's we run on the road, the reverse of your issue - tyres look enormous!!!

Edited by 3pedals
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, 3pedals said:

I'd go more on how it drives - wheels look fine --- you should see my X5 with Pirelli scorpions on 17 inch rims compared to the low profile 19's we run on the road, the reverse of your issue - tyres look enormous!!!

yeah well I wont know for sure until I get 4 new tyres. That's why I was wondering if they looked ok. Don't want to spend the money if its going to look weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, E30-323ti said:

Looks good IMHO.

Could do with a little more 'low' though.

may do that. E23 lower springs a bit harder to source. Not impossible though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bekker said:

may do that. E23 lower springs a bit harder to source. Not impossible though.

E23's seem especially high in the front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry for the high-jack, but that car looks familiar.(having owned/resto'd around 4 e23's)

got a front-on pic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, topcat said:

sorry for the high-jack, but that car looks familiar.(having owned/resto'd around 4 e23's)

got a front-on pic?

If you know any of her history I'd love to know!

IMG_4023.JPG

Edited by bekker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1BMF said:

More low Will fix every thing 

I'm open to the idea, although I kinda like the ride height at the back. Front I think is gonna have to go down a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×