Sign in to follow this  
shadowninja

330ci Test Drive

I decided to test-drive an E46 330i Msport Coupe today. :D

The 3.0 L6 was very obviously more powerful than my 2.0 L4, with an abundance of torque from a low-mid range. Surprisingly it appeared have slightly inferior handling to my 2003 318 Msport, softer suspension & steering.

I'm considering buying... any suggestions?

(anyone want to buy a low mileage 2003 318i Msport 2.0L ?)

post-2-1078626784.jpg

I got confused. Last weeks paper had an M5 in there, I think it was at Shellys but not 100% sure.

Last weeks Autotrader has one in there too, but it isn't in wgtn. The one in the Autotrader is going for 90, I think the one from wgtn was over 100grand.

If I didn't have or want(dunno why) to spend the coin on a M3 a 330ci would be my choice!! They have nice big brakes (always good).

Although, a friend has just bought a E39 540i, and I must say it was awesome!!

It handled very well considering it's size, went very well, not as well as the E30 though :)

If I had to choose between a 330ci and a 540i, It would be a very hard decision!!

Hmmm well a 330ci is pretty dang cool with a sh*t load of potential but if any of us had the cash wouldnt you get an m3 just because you could.

Every day ride the 330 would be what i would get hands down.

Now 330 over a 5......... 5s are awesome and im sure ill get one but only when ive got a few years under my belt i.e im not that old yet. :ph34r:

Yeah this car will be an every day driver, plus wife-friendly (steptronic).

For the cash that I am considering parting with for the 330ci it would only by an E36 M3 (plus I don't think my boss would like signing for my expenses claims).

haha no way its the 2 door version of the one im fixing up at work for my parents..

oh theyre so nice to work on..the engine is so designed to be taken out im sure..its so easy..jah bless BMW..and parts are pretty dam reasonable.

they did it on purpose too, just cos my 328 smoked their 320(and i looked nicer etc)they had to go and get a out of my range car..with a bigger engine of course...lol family competition...and im the one who will be doing all the hard work on it too(its a damaged nz new with bout 23k on the clock)

afterwards i even tried to get a black 330ci msport coupe for myself..but it fell through(another damaged one, ah its good being a panelbeater...i'll never pay car lot prices again)

so around what price they got on the 330 coupe? how mank k's

shadowninja

Dang, I thought I saw you. That's a really nice one, but talking about M3, isn't the retail for 2nd hand E46 is about $90k? Will it be much better than 330Ci?

BTW I alway oggle BMWs .....

How much do you want for the 318?

Speaking of M3s there are two E46 models that arrived at Shelleys in the last few days. $120k & $126k.

Not sure what we'd want for our wheels, we paid around $65k about 6-7 months ago.

id get the 330. A NEW car. New is always best. Everything will be perfect and shiny.

Well unless you find a MINT e36 which doesnt have hidden costs.

a 330 will be damn good tho power wise..

Ouch $120k!! A 2003 M3 at Team BMW is sold for $140k! My bad, I thought M3s were at $90k.

Keep us updated on your car situation, but let me tell you that you look good on that 330Ci :D